Author Topic: The Butcher's Arms, Pudsey - OB hand pumps removed, why?  (Read 719 times)  Share 

Offline Tangsoodogb

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
A group of us visited The Butcher's Arms last Friday, to find that the OBB hand pumps had been removed.

The OBB was dispensed from a tap.

The bar staff were busy fielding questions from the customers as to why the pumps had been removed - they had no idea.

The tap dispensed OBB tasted nothing like the hand pumped version.
It was disgusting in taste.

The bar staff were as unhappy as the customers as hand pulled OBB was a big seller.

Come on, Mr Smith.
Put the hand pumps back or we and many others will be voting with our feet and finding another pub.

Offline jackrussel

• Member Karma = +3/-0
    • View Profile
Heard of this happening before- better not spread. I think the same as you do on taste. If it is the non cask beer they slipped in, (had THAT before, as well), then all I say is what a con. If it happens in my local SS pubs, then I am done with it, for good. This, to me, is ruination of a very fine beer indeed, IMHO. Cask was taken out of my nearest SS pub a few years ago, now the pub has been refurbed, it has come back. Previously manager told me I was daft if I didn't loke sov, or the (bright?) version of OBB. Heard it last week in the Tivoli @ Morecambe too! (no cask there either- refurb pending!!). Manger however, was not the one to say it, 'twas another customer. Manger was a very likeable person and knew her onions!
SSOBT. My ultimate favourite brewer. Please look after me, you may need me someday.

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
It is sad at the moment that OBB cask seems to be leaving the bars of SS houses. My local SS pub had it taken out and then restored presumably when the sales clasped.I had heard it had been taken out of the Butchers at Pudsey,sad days. Know it has been out of the Harewood Arms Hotel for a month or two now.

The taste is jsut not the same on the keg version.  :GIVEB: ::H ::H
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB