Author Topic: Got out but still been Humped  (Read 1875 times)  Share 

Offline beendonebyhim

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Ex Sams Manager
Got out but still been Humped
« on: Jun 7 - 2016 »
We got out from one of his pubs put notice in stock down 55,
still owes us 11 days pay and rest of are bond.
tried to contact them, they will not reply, have had ACAS involved they would not talk to them either.
so cannot think what to do next, any ideas?

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +13/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: Got out but still been Humped
« Reply #1 on: Jun 7 - 2016 »
We got out from one of his pubs put notice in stock down 55,
still owes us 11 days pay and rest of are bond.
tried to contact them, they will not reply, have had ACAS involved they would not talk to them either.
so cannot think what to do next, any ideas?

Small claims at county court?

Offline beendonebyhim

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 7 - 2016 »
will do that

Offline Melanie Starkey

• Member Karma = +16/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 7 - 2016 »
Disgraceful any company can ignore the services of ACAS, this should be a legal right for all staff. 

Offline centurion

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #4 on: Jun 7 - 2016 »
Try a sit in. Down Taddy Towers. Accompanied by the BBC Look North. They have been there before.http://samsmiths.info/forum/Smileys/animated/smiley-chores038.gif

Offline Santillas.

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 15 - 2016 »
I'm sure that you are respectable people and hope you get what is owed to you.
That said, I respect some of decisions that the brewery make regarding managers.  I have witnessed first hand some of the bad decisions made when it comes to them employing people - they employ scum and that doesn't even come close, a lot are no better than pond life. A typical example would be a manager using private accommodation no different to a crack dealers squat.  Matresses on the floor is very common, accompany this with litter strewn everywhere. Cases of managers s***ting and p**sing onto their own private carpeting - dog muck everywhere. Don't ever judge the trade areas of pub as a reflection of the character serving you - a clean trade area is obligatory to keeping a job, behind the scenes is a different story. Some are deceitful and regularly attempt to steal.
This spoils it for the hardworking genuine people who he employs, he now tars everyone the same until proven otherwise. People with pride is whats needed.

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +13/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jun 15 - 2016 »
That said, I respect some of decisions that the brewery make regarding managers.  I have witnessed first hand some of the bad decisions made when it comes to them employing people - they employ scum and that doesn't even come close, a lot are no better than pond life. A typical example would be a manager using private accommodation no different to a crack dealers squat.  Matresses on the floor is very common, accompany this with litter strewn everywhere. Cases of managers s***ting and p**sing onto their own private carpeting - dog muck everywhere. Don't ever judge the trade areas of pub as a reflection of the character serving you - a clean trade area is obligatory to keeping a job, behind the scenes is a different story. Some are deceitful and regularly attempt to steal.
This spoils it for the hardworking genuine people who he employs, he now tars everyone the same until proven otherwise. People with pride is whats needed.

Good post.

Offline centurion

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #7 on: Jun 15 - 2016 »

Wow!! http://samsmiths.info/forum/Smileys/animated/shocked.gif

Offline beendonebyhim

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jun 16 - 2016 »
We worked hard for that man, we left the pub in better condition than when we moved in.
There maybe some crap mangers but we never seen any, they are all hard workers.

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jun 16 - 2016 »

Very true and there are still quite a lot of hard working managers working for SS and still get sh*t of Humphrey for very little reason indeed. Several examples I could give even within the last year or so.

Humphrey by definition is a very hard man to please and work for. There are still a number of managers that I don't agree with the way they run their pubs and others that I think do a good job. Even managers that increase the takings and trade still have a hard job to keep their jobs at the pubs. Not sure of the company policy for staying or going.

Humphrey should take note of ACAS at least,as he doesn't take notice of any unions.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB