Author Topic: another casualty of hs  (Read 10818 times)  Share 

Offline sackedbyhumph

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Sams Manager
another casualty of hs
« on: Apr 18 - 2013 »
We are yet another victim of the law unto himself that is the humph :( we have been running the ss pub since November 2012 very succesfully with takings and food very much up. The customers were very happy and constantly complimentary about the cleanliness of the pub now and the whole atmosphere. Everythiing was gooing well or so we thought until we had a visit yesterday afternoon and told by him we have a weeks notice to leave  :( no proper reason given and the whole visit lasted less than five minutes.  To say we have some very unhappy regulars is an understatement

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +14/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: another casualty of hs
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18 - 2013 »
Sorry to hear that this has happened to you.
It makes no sense at all to dismiss an apparently successful team. Surely he gave some sort of reason?

Offline sackedbyhumph

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 18 - 2013 »
Nope not really other than apparently two staff members werent happy with the way we managed the pub and the tasks asked of them ie cleaning tables etc since we took over....

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +14/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 18 - 2013 »
It makes no sense......where were you with the 5% mularky, where you thereabouts?

Offline delboy

• Member Karma = +0/-0
  • Nellies - Luvely Jubley
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 18 - 2013 »

I'm very sorry to hear about this. Sadly, this is happening all of the time. I'm pretty certain a claim for unfair dismissal would be warranted in very many cases. It seems like the humph simply dismisses people on a whim. Or at least that's how it seems to *normal* folk. He shows no compassion's or consideration for his victims. It's either one big game for him, or more likely some form of delusional paranoia. He probably thinks the world, and everyone in it is against him. And as long as he carries on with this ludicrous behaviour - that's exactly what will be. Whilst he's not doing anyone any favours, neither is he doing any for himself.   ::H

When humphs finally leaves this mortal plain, he will make the lot that boycotted/attacked the Margaret Thatcher  funeral look some tame. I would say by the way he's carrying on, his time is running out to make amends. Sooner or later, someone, or some people are going to seriously and collectively fight back, and win. And it will make the media, and assure his eternal damnation.  ::H

As with the banks, when one starts to win their retrospective claims, others come forward. I can see someone winning publicly, not only for unfair (falsely fabricated) dismissal, but also with further claims against their prior working conditions, and post stress!   ::T::

Offline david march

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Ex Sams Staff
« Reply #5 on: Apr 18 - 2013 »
Im so sorry to hear this ...the man has serious mental health issues ....The lackies who do his deeds for him should hang their heads in shame

Offline minsterman

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Apr 18 - 2013 »

I'm pretty certain a claim for unfair dismissal would be warranted in very many cases.

Unfortunately Mr Smith is well advised, and (like many others) take advantage of current UK legislation!!!

From the GOV.UK website:

Qualifying period to claim unfair dismissal

You must have worked for your employer for a minimum period before you qualify for the right to claim unfair dismissal at a tribunal. If you're classed as an employee and started your job:

on or after 6 April 2012 - the qualifying period is normally 2 years

before 6 April 2012 - the qualifying period is normally one year

----------------------------------

Any retrospective claims must be made within 3 months.

However, there is no period of qualification required if a claim is being made for discriminatory reasons (see the ERA 1996 or the Equality Act).

So those employed after April 6th, and still employed by SSOB, don't rest on your laurels, as it's quite feasible that the grim reaper may be calling at 23 months and 3 weeks!!!
These are sad times :(

Offline sackedbyhumph

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Apr 18 - 2013 »
We were hitting our targets and had no idea of his evil plans.....

Offline Pintataddy

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Apr 18 - 2013 »
So why does he just get away with it....??

Managers being sacked even passed the 11 month mark. Can he really just get away with it??

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +24/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Apr 18 - 2013 »
Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post. Sorry to hear your unfornate situation with the brewery, yours is not the first and won't be the last. It is happening more and more, if you look at how many vacant management jobs at SS, then the clues are there. Even if you hit the surplus and increase trade your not safe, Humphrey jsut goes around on the fly and sacks managers. In other cases there are reasons and good reasons. There is no logic to the thinking of the Area Manager for SS.

Minsterman has given you a link for the website and as I thought you need 2 years to qualify for unfair dismissal. Which seems unfair, especially with many SS managers not doing anything wrong.

Good luck with getting a new job in these difficult times.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline sackedbyhumph

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Apr 23 - 2013 »
Justhen we think that heartless old tramp had done his  worst to us we were visited by him today accompanied by a locksmith,  stocktaker and tben proceded to lock us out of the pub before the end of our notice period and then hand the pub over to the  very same  staff member who got us sacked.  To top that the sly lying bastard then double crossed us by lying about returning our bond. This man is not to be trusted and deserves to burn in the hottest fires of hell....  :<> if anyone is even thinking about managing a ss pub we strongly advise an alternative career choice likecrocodile  dentist......

Offline myke

• Member Karma = +7/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Apr 23 - 2013 »
heartless gutless thankless man i honestly think he is either amused by his power trips or his mind has gone  :<> please dont take to heart this drawback its not your fault have a look about you are not alone. I hope you can move on to pastures new and hope for greener grass too  :EX the pub game is a hard slog but with the right manager it can be rewarding.

good luck with the future myke
The posts i make are my own. The oppinions i express are mine too.  :BL

Offline hurtbyhumph

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Ex Sams Manager
« Reply #12 on: Apr 24 - 2013 »
he doesnt always get away with it he always pays the individuals off and confidentiality contracts are signed to prevent news getting out off the payoff hes a wise old fox or so he thinks!!!! But that only in the cases that it was obvious he was loosing or the brewery were clearly held neglegent he gets the chq book out very reluctantly i might add it is a final resort.

But he does get away with alot of cases because many staff members havent got the thousands needed to fight the case and he does have a very good and expensive legal team on the books infact looking through the court cases i have found online he uses different legal teams for each case, typical humph. Also the stress and strain mr smith puts you under is ridiculous and the thought of a messy court case is enough to put most people off. after 11 or 23 months of constant graft and jumpingf through his extremly difficult hoops fighting to make your house a proffitable piece of the estate and hopefully gain some respect at taddy towers he turns up and gets his stocktakers and locksmiths to make life even more miserable for you.

It could very well be the fact you posted the events on here and one of the many foot soildiers he has looking at this website hourly to see what has been added, this could be why he appeared yesterday hes a very nasty spiteful old man and everybody are theives in mr smiths eyes.

Good luck with your future we have all been there you have just joined the elite club of humphrey smith haters please seek legal advice and follow it up, might be worth getting intouch with inside out at the bbc a recent couple said they had spoken to them and they were looking into mr smiths actions again  unless we all stick together he will continue to wreck lives and his precious empire. But please dont let his actions cause you any more upset and get a decent job with tanother pub company there are a few ok ones left.

HUMPHREY FOR THE SAKE OF your brewery please start treating people with respect and decency please your profits will rise i promise

Offline sovsuppa

• Member Karma = +3/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Ex Sams Manager
« Reply #13 on: Apr 24 - 2013 »
Well said hurtbyhumph, you talk a lot of sense.
Whatever happens to you in future sackedbyhump, don't think that this "sacking" will go against you.  That may not be the case, because if, at any future brewery interviews, you are honest with your interviewer and inform them of what happened with Humph, you may find that they are fully aware of his ways, and are sympathetic to your situation.  This of course may not guarantee you the position, but equally it may not go against your application.
Keep your chins up and don't let it halt any ambitions that you may have.  Good luck to you both in the future. :DD

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +24/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Apr 24 - 2013 »
You do make alot of sense and that you get a decent hearing. Not heard much about a new Inside Out programme again, as there was a rumour about one last year I think.

Thought that Humphrey had a seperate legal fund at a Solicitors, for managers and I assume ex managers to fight him. Not sure if it is independent or not. Keep your chin up and have to see what happens.

Not sure that Humphrey will ever change his ways and treat managers and staff decently.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB