Author Topic: another casualty of hs  (Read 9907 times)  Share 

Offline hurtbyhumph

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Ex Sams Manager
Re: another casualty of hs
« Reply #15 on: Apr 24 - 2013 »
he does each management couple/individual is entiltled to ?250 worth of advice then you have to pay thats why he has it. then your told you will need around 10 grand to fight him if everything goes smooth and as fast as possible within the legal system so many just turn the other cheek due to the cost and the fact hs will throw everything at winning the case and the stress and strain already sustained is enough to take never mind 2 or 3 years of a bitter court battle to top it all off. understandable really but hs gets away again this man is responsible for so musch unessacery misery upset disruption to lives and his own business its unreal but we all live i9n hope that he does develop some man management skills and invest in experience and make the old brewery a mighty force agaian it a great dream and lets hope the moon and stars align and make this place great again

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
« Reply #16 on: Apr 24 - 2013 »
he does each management couple/individual is entiltled to ?250 worth of advice then you have to pay thats why he has it. then your told you will need around 10 grand to fight him if everything goes smooth and as fast as possible within the legal system so many just turn the other cheek due to the cost and the fact hs will throw everything at winning the case and the stress and strain already sustained is enough to take never mind 2 or 3 years of a bitter court battle to top it all off. understandable really but hs gets away again this man is responsible for so musch unessacery misery upset disruption to lives and his own business its unreal but we all live i9n hope that he does develop some man management skills and invest in experience and make the old brewery a mighty force agaian it a great dream and lets hope the moon and stars align and make this place great again

Thanks for the confirmation, thought there was a fund. Yes it takes alot of money to fight any case and can be dragged on for years. Lets hope that he learns lessons soon, and starts employing experienced managers soon. Or improve the training course to a longer period. But to save money he just won't do it.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline the bricklayer

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Apr 28 - 2013 »
Start a grievance against humphrey personally with the company (oh yes you can) technically he's only an employee, based on basically anything , think of something . not only will it wind him up but it will cost him money because he will need to pass it to oliver and /or a solicitor if he doesn't great , small claims court and tribunal for your bond based on the fact no proper procedures , breach of contract and the fact that he has no proof of anything might not work but he has to go himself as he cant ignore it so ties him up for a day remember he already works 16 hours a day and you get to laugh at him as he has to justify himself to people who are looking down their noses at him

Offline the bricklayer

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Apr 28 - 2013 »
also you dont need a solicitor to go to tribunal but paper work has to be in within 13 weeks of dismissal and he will pay for one minimum ?3k

Offline myke

• Member Karma = +7/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Apr 29 - 2013 »
bricklayer is correct about the greavance it needs to be sent to his boss tho or Hr if he has one unsure how much weight it will carry but all grievences must be investigated fully and will deffo get up his nose  :()
The posts i make are my own. The oppinions i express are mine too.  :BL

Offline the bricklayer

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Apr 29 - 2013 »
No boss as you will know and HR is linda word of advice don't be taken in by her even a crocodile can smile , just because she comes across friendly means nothing if she cared would she sit there and watch  so many lifes being destroyed over so many years

Offline hurtbyhumph

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Apr 29 - 2013 »
bricklayer is correct about the greavance it needs to be sent to his boss tho or Hr if he has one unsure how much weight it will carry but all grievences must be investigated fully and will deffo get up his nose  :()
anything that causes the mighty humph the slightest irritation or makes his so called job harder the better in my book.

Yes that is the wrong attitude to take but when you look at the 300+ management staff he has in the current open houses and how difficult he makes there job then he may just get the kick up the arse he needs if the poor staff who have done nothing but work for the clown and try and better proffits for his coffers, make his job as difficult as he does theres

And another very serious point is that if Linda is being nice to you it means they have found a way to beat you but if she off hand and abrupt and damm right ignorant THEN you have cause to smile because they are not getting out of it and its causing her and hs considerable greif so it time to party hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Please do try and keep us informed to the goings on and be prepared to expect anything hes a very vindictive nasty spiteful and has a serious bad loser streak and will throw his hard earned at it in skip fulls.

And there are still people out there say this man is of sound mind and buisness practice he needs stooping and fast before the family empire is no longer open to business

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Apr 29 - 2013 »
Welcome to the forum 'the bricklayer' and thanks for your post. More and more ex managers are joining the forum and adding their voice against working for SSOB. Linda does have a hard job, and probably harder by the actions of Humphrey. Don't think she is well liked in Tadcaster, or by many SS managers. She seems to be the under area manager now.

If you have been employed for less than a year then not much action can be taken unfortunately.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline sovsuppa

• Member Karma = +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Apr 29 - 2013 »
No boss as you will know and HR is linda word of advice don't be taken in by her even a crocodile can smile , just because she comes across friendly means nothing if she cared would she sit there and watch  so many lifes being destroyed over so many years

Your spot on bricklayer, she's the devil in disguise. :<> :<>

Offline the bricklayer

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Apr 29 - 2013 »
Give me a couple of weeks to sort something out  and i will post my story about working for sams , its that farcical its funny a bit long so might do it in sections  over a number of weeks , but a word of advice to all working for sams , he uses you so use him do your job and get out as and when it suits you , remember you can always go back one day when the lunacy is over , and please believe me i would , like all good jobs there is always a negative somewhere and for at least 25 years its been the negative outlook of two brothers that remember Dont own the company (its a trust) they are beneficiaries and trustees why do you think they have got rid of as many directors and not replaced them , then nobody else gets to have an opinion .

Offline sovsuppa

• Member Karma = +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Apr 29 - 2013 »
Give me a couple of weeks to sort something out  and i will post my story about working for sams , its that farcical its funny a bit long so might do it in sections  over a number of weeks , but a word of advice to all working for sams , he uses you so use him do your job and get out as and when it suits you , remember you can always go back one day when the lunacy is over , and please believe me i would , like all good jobs there is always a negative somewhere and for at least 25 years its been the negative outlook of two brothers that remember Dont own the company (its a trust) they are beneficiaries and trustees why do you think they have got rid of as many directors and not replaced them , then nobody else gets to have an opinion .

Can't wait!  I worked for him for a number of years too.  Could tell some tales too,but not enough people on here believe.   :DDDD: :DDDD:

Offline supersammy

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #26 on: Apr 30 - 2013 »
I stand to be corrected but surely there is some form of organisation or association that employees cold affiliate to which might be able to offer some form of collective representation to fight back in such cases? 

Offline hurtbyhumph

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Apr 30 - 2013 »
I stand to be corrected but surely there is some form of organisation or association that employees cold affiliate to which might be able to offer some form of collective representation to fight back in such cases? 

There are but it comes down to money or there is very little can be done to make waves because hes got the money to provide a first class team to fight you and hes VERY WELL advised and knowlageable himself on the cases and how the law is applied and worked. Plus theres the drawn out battles the couple with the horse stud who hes hounded over planning and there building which i think he finally won after 10 years having there building pulled down. that just one of many nasty cases hes persused over the years and he thought is enough to put most off fighting him. And its proving the alligation that are put against you when his loyal band of very unhappy men and women at tadcaster towers do as told or they are jobless which is difficult for all. its a no win situation but i agree with sovsuppa no-one on here belives the lengths them two brothers will go to get there own way full of self importance and never mind the pesants who work for them. Very dickension as i have said before and unless hes stopped by the authorities or some sort of repercussions to make him see he can treat people as he does then he will continue to do as he please its his train set and thats it!

Cant wait bricklayer good to here more staff being outspoken about the disgusting ways behind the sences what people dont realise!!

Good luck matey
#

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Apr 30 - 2013 »

Some managers or ex-managers joined the GMB but I think they had limited success because the company refuses to voluntarily recognise unions and a union can only seek statutory recognition if it has a minimum of 10% employee membership, just for starters.  I'd imagine Hump's dickensian attitude to employment law would mean any manager he discovered being a union member wouldn't last too long.

Offline thebe

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Apr 30 - 2013 »
im absolutley horrified to read whats happened to managers and the ex employees of this once admired organisation, i frequently go in any sam smiths pub i come accross, cow and calf sheffield, travellers sheffield, even had a birthday party especially in the widow cullens well in lincoln, what a disgrace this man is an is on a sure fire way of kiling sam smiths rep for ever!...is he ill?? mentally??? im very suprise that no one has submitted a lot of this to the BBC watchdog programme, a face book page too would probably go viral
honestly gobsmacked!!