Author Topic: Euro 2016  (Read 3112 times)  Share 

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +26/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Euro 2016
« on: Jun 16 - 2016 »
How many customers of SS pubs have noticed a drop in trade since the Euro football matches started. Been in a few over the week and weekend and they are full before the matches and then dead whilst the games are on.Bet Humphrey is choking on his cornflakes over the takings of his pubs over the last week,plus another 2 weeks to go.  :() :()

Lets hope that the Olympics has a similar effect on the pubs in August.Plus Wimbledon is also on at the end of June,and early July,so may be empty then.  :GIVEB: :GIVEB: :HJH :HJH

The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline tubbycoates

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Euro 2016
« Reply #1 on: Jun 17 - 2016 »
I've seen some people watching the football on their tablets/phones.

• Member Karma = +26/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 17 - 2016 »
I've seen some people watching the football on their tablets/phones.

Same here and in more than one SS pub.Some managers have stopped customers using them altogether.  :-x
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline Chutney

• Member Karma = +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 18 - 2016 »
The land lady at my local non S.S. pub is complaining about the drop in trade when the football is on, and the pub has a few big screens showing it. Maybe people are stopping in and watching on their ow 52" screen for free.

Offline centurion

• Member Karma = +8/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #4 on: Jun 19 - 2016 »
The land lady at my local non S.S. pub is complaining about the drop in trade when the football is on, and the pub has a few big screens showing it. Maybe people are stopping in and watching on their ow 52" screen for free.

And that is exactly what Humph...is competing against. The supermarket take home trade and has stated many times. http://samsmiths.info/forum/Smileys/animated/smiley-eatdrink009.gif

PS happy fathers day...another American imported marketing tool.

Offline Melanie Starkey

• Member Karma = +17/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 19 - 2016 »
It's a shame I am not going to be in the vicinity of a Sam's pub tomorrow whilst the match is on.  I would see it as a plus point not having to view England football team because in my 43 years on this earth there has only been heartbreak💔

Offline tubbycoates

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jun 19 - 2016 »
I was in a Sams pub last night and a group of people were watching the match on a tablet, in full view of the landlord and everyone else in the place.

Must be some managers are putting two fingers up to Humph.

Hurrah ! :D

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +15/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jun 19 - 2016 »
I was in a Sams pub last night and a group of people were watching the match on a tablet, in full view of the landlord and everyone else in the place.

Performing rights issue, a big fine coming and the inevitable instant dismissal for the mangers concerned.

Offline centurion

• Member Karma = +8/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #8 on: Jun 20 - 2016 »

Performing rights issue, a big fine coming and the inevitable instant dismissal for the mangers concerned.

And complaints on here when they get Humpt? The punters won't care.

• Member Karma = +26/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jul 7 - 2016 »

Very true,but I guess the managers are trying to keep the trade in their pubs. But on the other hand it's against Humphrey's rules, and the customers might come on here after and complain that their managers have gone.