Author Topic: Top-It-Up Taffy's latest  (Read 51064 times)  Share 

Offline Wise Old Owl

• Ex Forum Member
  • Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Top-It-Up Taffy's latest
« on: Jun 26 - 2013 »
Friends say that there have been more barrings and that last night the 5 gnomes exceeded the number of patients in three lounges by three!  Dumb and Dumber please wise up!!

Offline jj

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
Re: Top-It-Up Taffy's latest
« Reply #1 on: Jun 26 - 2013 »
Bar the gnomes, they spend nothing and attract dog pee!  However, they may keep the patients in the bar happy

Offline Wise Old Owl

• Ex Forum Member
  • Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 27 - 2013 »
We need you and your pals back!  Even with very few clientele the new mine host still finds it very difficult to be hospitable (even pretend).  However, I am led to believe your sentence is 6 months! :HJH  Suggest you lie next time you are questioned by anybody asking about Top-It-Up Taffy's or the staff - just let them screw things up and then hang themselves.

Take a leaf out of the Gnomes book.  Gnomes don't have opinions.  They can't moan about the measures or question the new last orders rule (allegedly one of the latest offences to result in a barring)

Offline unhappy

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 27 - 2013 »
what is this new last orders rule w.o.o?

Offline Wise Old Owl

• Ex Forum Member
  • Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 27 - 2013 »
I'm an "early doors" guy but I'm led to believe that when the bell rings for last orders, there are no more last orders (I'm unable to confirm this as fact)

Offline unhappy

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 28 - 2013 »
are you talking the first bell? if that so that way wrong

Offline Gerald

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Top-It-Up Taffy's latest
« Reply #6 on: Jun 28 - 2013 »
He has set all the clocks 5 mins fast so rings first bell at 10:45 and last at 10:55. That resulted in long time regulars being barred. He then tries taking glasses and clearing pub by 11:05. Again this has resulted in regulars being barred.

He keeps a great pint (although short measured) but his attitude stinks!

Although to be fair the 4 that got barred from the lounge should of been barred before now for their rudeness to staff and inappropriate comments to women - in my opinion!

Is it a coincidence that following their ban a barmaid, who was subject to disgusting comments by them in the past, returns?

Offline Wise Old Owl

• Ex Forum Member
  • Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jun 28 - 2013 »
Welcome Gerald

I am pleased to say that your judge & jury stance is the exception not the rule.  Everyone I have spoken to is shocked and saddened that the gang of four and their banter are no more.   The excellent barmaid you refer to, who used to join in with the fun in the lounge, has come and gone a number of times.  So yes, a pure coincidence.
Did you personally witness the questions and answers that led to the 4's barring?  If not and you haven't discussed it with them, you are relying on hearsay, which in any bar can get totally distorted.

Woo

Offline Wise Old Owl

• Ex Forum Member
  • Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jun 28 - 2013 »
ps and yes, I can concur, he keeps a good pint.  However, this wont save him.  The smart money is on a new team before xmas.

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jul 2 - 2013 »
Doesn't sound like thingsare going well in this SS pub, just hope other SS pubs fall into the same trap so to speak. Many many new managers are not as well trained as they were in the past, and so problems occur more often of late. Just hope the policy of employing anybody to run his pubs changes soon, as many good pubs will be empty due to the new managers been heavy handed and under pressure to achieve the surplus required by HS.

Tap room gossip is not always the truth, two sides to every story.  :WF
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline Gerald

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Top-It-Up Taffy's latest
« Reply #10 on: Jul 2 - 2013 »
I didn't mention the questions that got you barred - I have heard about them but as you rightly say its rumour and Chinese whispers so I don't get involved.

I have witnessed first hand the rude and sexist comments though.

That is what I was referring too.

Offline Wise Old Owl

• Ex Forum Member
  • Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jul 3 - 2013 »
Hello Gerald

I haven't been barred?  May I politely suggest that if you do not like sexist comments perhaps  public bars are not the place for you. No ladies, have ever complained to either me or my colleagues.  Had they, as gentlemen, we would have apologised immediately for any offence caused.  Generally this is part and parcel of pub banter but each to their own.

Offline jj

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jul 3 - 2013 »
Hello Gerald

You know us (the gang of four) but you can hide behind a veil of anonymity.  I am curious to understand that if you heard something rude and sexist first hand, which you obviously found offensive enough to justify your own sentence of barring, why you didn?t speak up at the time?  I suspect you have dragged up something or nothing to support the ludicrous decision to bar me, my three good friends and other faithful regulars since. (gosh, I have just realised you may even be Steve).  It is unlikely that we will be allowed back in the Jube until the current management have been sacked.  However, come that day which shouldn?t be too long, you have my permission, if you ever hear me or any one in my company use language that upsets you, to pull me up immediately.  I will either laugh or acknowledge that I / we have over stepped the mark.

ps  If you are not Steve, see you before xmas ;)

jj

Offline twopints

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jul 3 - 2013 »
Pub - Good
Beer - Good
Staff - Good
New Management - miserable, heavy handed, treating locals poorly

The Gables @ Coulby Newham has re-opened, don't suppose they can get their old jobs back?

Offline centurion

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jul 3 - 2013 »
Pub - Good
Beer - Good
Staff - Good
New Management - miserable, heavy handed, treating locals poorly

The Gables @ Coulby Newham has re-opened, don't suppose they can get their old jobs back?

Wow 3 out of 4 is not a bad score.  :-*