Author Topic: Top-It-Up Taffy's latest  (Read 63938 times)  Share 

Offline twopints

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Top-It-Up Taffy's latest
« Reply #105 on: Aug 6 - 2013 »
I was in Top-It-Up Taffy's on Saturday and can confirm it was busy.  Titler was holding his own party of acquaintances.  They were extremely noisy, so much so that Titler felt he had to keep apologising to the regulars.  I wonder why he never thought about barring any of them.  Clearly his prejudice is extremely selective.

Offline jj

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #106 on: Aug 6 - 2013 »
Hi again post5

I have checked and I am the only one of the gang of four posting on this website.  Perhaps the others are not interested in Titler or Top-It-Up Taffy?s.  I suggest you both look closer to home if Taffy is looking for more notches on his bedpost.  You may be surprised what you find!!  What is the running total?  Has he exceeded 20 barrings?  I however, will not rest until justice for the innocent is achieved or the current management are no more.  Acerbic, yes I?m as sharp and forthright as they come

A RELAYED TRUE STORY (witnessed)

One of the group of four was in Lloyds bank recently with a client and his bank manager.  On leaving the managers office Titler was in the queue waiting to be served.  Did this stop him firing off false accusations AGAIN in front of all the other customers & staff. NO!  The man is a liability and deserves everything he receives   

He has also told our friends that the barring order came from on high.  Humph would not recognise us if we were sat next to him!  He certainly has NEVER witnessed anything to warrant such an action.  So who is telling the truth?  Perhaps you were made for each other.  Good luck with your digging.

Happy Days sweetie  :-*

Offline jboycott

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: Aug 6 - 2013 »
Jacka - f*****g - nory

Offline jj

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: Aug 6 - 2013 »
I don't think you undestand the difference between fact and fiction young man and if you can only express yourself with expletives please don't bother.

Offline post5

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
« Reply #109 on: Aug 6 - 2013 »
Would you believe it there is still one Suffragette left ! For those of you who do not understand the thread the "gang of four" were barred on orders of HS (the owner of SS Brewery) himself, not by the manager. They were extremely critical, sarcastic  and rude to two young ladies from the Brewery who were demonstrating the new menu to the pub managers and asking customers opinions, the girls left terribly upset. They reported back to HS the following day and described the people involved in the debacle and HS phoned Steve and told him to bar them. Well that is one side of the story, no doubt we will here from the defence ! The saga has carried on ever since.
Suffragettes, as history tells us learned the errors of their ways, compromised and got what they wanted. Or will some people never learn ?

Offline jj

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Aug 7 - 2013 »
For the record (It has all been said before but only selectively referenced)
1. The people from the brewery (which we were unaware of) were a male and a female. At least get the very basic facts right rather than exaggerate to buy sympathy
2 Young lady?? - younger than us but another exaggeration to curry favour. Certainly in her 40's / 50's
3. Only the female introduced herself as a "friend of Steve's" and sought our views
4. Upset why? - she got responses to the questions she asked - I suspect another of Titler?s exaggerations to try to bolster his indefensible decision
5. We were neither sarcastic nor rude (why would we be?)
6. We were critical but honest.   Many changes in management over the last 4 years mean there was and still is a lot to be critical about.  This was an opportunity to listen and put things right, NOT dislike what they heard and then bar good, honest regulars.
7. There were 7 sat at our table.  The table and chairs were also barred (ask Titler - insanity springs to mind)
8. Only two people responded to the questioning. I, and one other.
9. 4 were barred, two who had said and contributed nothing. (ask Titler)
10. How did HS know, from his ivory tower, which 2 were apparently guilty for speaking their minds, which 4 to bar and which 3 to absolve (ask Titler)
11. Why was nothing said the next night and why did it take two days before Titler decided to bar us (ask Titler)
12. One of the innocent has pleaded twice himself, once by me, and once by a family member to be reinstated and has been refused on all 4 occasions. Why? (ask Titler)
13. Only the pub manager has the right to bar and if he chose not to, how would HS be any the wiser? (ask Titler)
14. You have not responded to how many Titler has barred in total (which clearly demonstrates he is a loose cannon)
15. You failed to defend Titler?s rudeness / embarrassment in public (Lloyds bank) where I understand he came across as the village idiot (fairly accurate then)
16. From what you have posted Titler seems to want to extend the ban which was none of his doing?? (ask Titler)
17. Be careful who you believe post5  A man who cannot honour his word, is definitely untrustworthy
18. Not one word of slander but the complete truth. Will Titler recognise it? I doubt it 
19. Here is spelt hear in the context that you have used it in your last post

jj

Offline DarkieBoy

• Jet Tec ink cartridges - UK Ink Supplies
  • Global Moderator
  • Member Karma = +18/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: In the 'trade' - another company
« Reply #111 on: Aug 7 - 2013 »
This thread has been going on for some time now and is rivalling War and Peace in length.  In fact, there was not this much "debate" over the so-called "gay kiss" in the John Snow, which had wide-spread national media coverage.  I cannot see any resolve to the topic and it may further exasperate bitterness if not dealt with.  I can't even remember the name or the location of the pub in question.

Therefore, if there is a general consensus, I will lock the topic.

DB

Offline twopints

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Aug 7 - 2013 »
As a Golden Jubilee (Yarm) drinker I find this post sad, but very entertaining.  I have to admit some sympathy for the four pensioners who were barred and who I know personally.  I think you would get jj's latest summary from all seven regulars who were there on the particular evening of the visit from head office.  If you bother to look at earlier posts the gang of four representative and woo have been consistent from day 1.  I have no idea why either Steve or post5 feel they have to proffer their lies & propaganda to try to justify their stance.  I know who I believe, without a shadow of doubt.  We are coming up to three months ban and whatever the rights and wrongs this is surely long enough.  This could all be ended in a flash but it does rely on Steve and his wife being reasonable,  a quality they have not demonstrated so far (see point 12 previously)

Offline yorkie

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: Aug 7 - 2013 »
I have never been in the pub concerned and do not know the manager in question but as far as I am concerned if a found a manager that obnoxious I would do the obvious and vote with my feet. Whatever the rights and wrongs here it's clear that a manager has to manage, that is what he is paid for.
These posts can continue for ever but until the brewery remove the manager he will stay.
I believe in free speech as much as anyone but I agree it is time this thread ended.

Offline unhappy

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: Aug 7 - 2013 »
Without a shadow of doubt this thread is tiring, Ive read two sides to this saga and all I can say is the manager has barred out the local mafia I think because I have never known such a personal vendetta against a manager.These guys must of been sat in the jubilee for that long they must think they manage it.

Offline jboycott

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: Aug 7 - 2013 »
.... can say is the manager has barred out the local mafia I think because I have never known such a personal vendetta against a manager.These guys must of been sat in the jubilee for that long they must think they manage it.

Well don't most pubs have  certain regulars who think they are the mainstays and that everyone loves them, they're "in" with the staff, and that their opinions stand above others? Often the rest of the customers aren't too keen on these types or the attention they get from behind the bar. Funny though, I've never known a pub close 'cos someone's been barred or stopped going in - no matter how many of their mates they (desperately) try to persuade to follow them. The posts on this thread suggest to me that these guys are condescending and a bit full of themselves, and not as popular as they think; they had a new manager who for whatever reason isn't creeping round them. It's a bit like that saying: " the cemeteries are full of indispensable people" only applied to pubs

Offline unhappy

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: Aug 7 - 2013 »
here here jb

Offline jboycott

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: Aug 7 - 2013 »
here here jb

Thank you, or as jj might say: that's "hear hear" you fool!

Offline Mr Taddy

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: Aug 7 - 2013 »
Please also see.
Moderators why was my post not deleted by Ian.

Offline DarkieBoy

• Global Moderator
  • Member Karma = +18/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: In the 'trade' - another company
« Reply #119 on: Aug 7 - 2013 »
Please also see.
Moderators why was my post not deleted by Ian.

Sorry, I don't quite understand your statement.  Please elaborate.

DB