Author Topic: Top-It-Up Taffy's latest  (Read 63933 times)  Share 

Offline twopints

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Top-It-Up Taffy's latest
« Reply #135 on: Aug 8 - 2013 »
I have to say the beer in the Jube at the moment is spot on.

No one misses the irritable clan that have been barred.

Even though you don't realise it you were, as a group, annoying. (I'm being tactful)

The pub is the best it's been since Geoff and Kay.

But yes the thread needs to end. Too much bitterness. Move on! Everyone else in the Jubliee has.

Your not missed. Sorry.

Whoever you are you are wrong on most accounts
The beer is OK, as it should be kept - we have been served some rubbish over the years!
I very much miss their banter in the lounge and never found them irritating
Because of the actions of this lunatic the pub is not at its best since Geoff & Kay
The bitterness was introduced by Steve the new manager, not the gang of four
From all accounts they have moved on and, don't give a damn, except for poor Les
They are missed certainly by me and others (just ask regulars in the lounge)
Finally, Steve should man up, bury his prejudice streak, offer an olive branch and reinstate all four and others he has barred - it would make his pub a better place
Will he do it? - watch this space

Offline bonus ball

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Sams Staff Member
« Reply #136 on: Aug 8 - 2013 »
how long does this crap go on

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: Aug 8 - 2013 »
how long does this crap go on

Too long. We've heard every variation on the theme from both sides who are now repeating themselves to the benefit of no-one at all. Locking the thread seems to be the only option.

Offline jboycott

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: Aug 8 - 2013 »
Thanks for your support guys!  If they close this thread down I will go too.  But before I do, I have to say that some of you do talk a load of rubbish.  jboycott "....that these guys are condescending and a bit full of themselves, and not as popular as they think" 

You know none of us and never will!  Who gives you the right to be so judgemental? Your probably just another little man with a little penis and a big chip on your shoulder.  Jacko-F******g-Nory indeed  :-*

jj

Not claiming to know you; I wrote "the posts suggest...". Here, and in further posts, you just keep on proving me right

Offline post5

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
« Reply #139 on: Aug 8 - 2013 »
The virus that has been bugging my computer for weeks seems to have gone, what a relief. This particular Thread was set up by several embittered ex customers who were barred from the Jubilee for good reason and their supporter, their intention was to  denigrate the pub the manager and SS Brewery. They have failed.
The Jubilee is our local pub and enjoyed by many, many of us on a regular basis, the beer when on song is particularly good. If you do not like it other pubs are available and as I have said before the doors work both ways, the moral is if you don't like it don't use it or stop whinging. For those of us who care the general consensus is ,Steve is definitely the best manager by a long way since Geoff and Kay left.

Offline twopints

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: Aug 9 - 2013 »
Based on previous inaccurate posts including this one, only jj was one of the barred, your posts no longer carry any weight.  You and Taffy make a good pair, very economical with the truth.    ?S?

Offline bonus ball

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Sams Staff Member
« Reply #141 on: Aug 9 - 2013 »
they just won,t give up, on and on and on.
i think i,ll come back on site in about 2 months and see if
they have give it a rest by then

Offline Mr Taddy

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: Aug 9 - 2013 »
Backwards and forward it goes. These people need to move on. Would you want to go into the pub if the manager was so bad and if you had been barred wouldn't your self respect stop you going back in. Get a life people and move on.

Offline Storm28

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: Aug 9 - 2013 »
Met this couple once, she seemed ok he did seem a bit up his own backside if im honest, but quite sad to see they dont seem to be very well liked!

Offline twopints

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: Aug 9 - 2013 »
A reliable update.
I was in Top-It-Up Taffy's last night, a very pleasant evening (weather).  The only table occupied in all three lounges was by the regular Thursday Worsell crowd of four and JP.  This group used to be deadly rivals to Les and his pals in the banter stakes.  However, even they believe the group were dreadfully treated (not missed eh taffy?).  Titler and his family were the only ones sat outside on the garden furniture.  It appears that the welsh wizard now thinks he can manage two bars from his command and control bunker on the patio!  There are now new signs behind the bars which can be interpreted as "if you are very lucky , regardless of how many times you ask us to top up your pint, the very most you will get is 95% of what you have paid for"  As for the discredited post5, if he ingratiates himself any further with Titler he may let him restart his little money earner again, the prize meat draw, that is if he can find any customers to sell the tickets to  :()  The best its been since Geoff & Kay! you're having a laugh.

Offline BlackDog

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: Aug 9 - 2013 »
And on that reliable update can we please close this thread?

Offline post5

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: Aug 9 - 2013 »
Twopints you have got it wrong (just like the 12 managers) me, selling meat draw tickets ? I think I know who you assume me to be but you are a very long, long way off target, chalk and cheese springs to mind. As to Steve the manager I am not a particular fan but to me and many other regulars believe he is doing a good job against all the odds, doing what he is paid to do keeping the pub clean, patio and gardens and in recent weeks the beer has been spot on and of course abiding by the rules of SS Brewery. How many other people at work could cope with the criticism he and his family have had to put up with ?, that is why the defence was put up nothing to do with his character. The guy whether you like not is doing his job.
As to your assumptions I am afraid its back to the drawing board, I will tell big Col and his mates the meat draw guys, no doubt they will see the funny side, hope you can!

Offline passedit

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Ex Sams Manager
« Reply #147 on: Aug 10 - 2013 »
Please can we close this thread it,s getting stupid,boring and ridiculous :SS :SS :SS

Offline unhappy

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: Aug 10 - 2013 »
amusing that this has gone on so long,, give the guy a break and drink somewhere else ,, jubilee shud be really busy all the publicity its getting

Offline twopints

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: Aug 10 - 2013 »
If Titler wasn't intent on barring lots of local regulars which also influences there wider circles of friends it would be busier.  That is the whole point of this thread to highlight the injustice and the terrible impact it is having on a once great ss house.  It is a community pub with little passing trade and he is destroying it with little chance of winning old regulars back.

As for ending this thread it appears to be the most popular in the list?