Author Topic: Top-It-Up Taffy's latest  (Read 55763 times)  Share 

Offline samsdrinker

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: Top-It-Up Taffy's latest
« Reply #150 on: Aug 10 - 2013 »
Please can we close this thread it,s getting stupid,boring and ridiculous :SS :SS :SS
i agree

Offline samsdrinker

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: Aug 10 - 2013 »
Also can we have a vote on it?

Offline southener

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: Aug 10 - 2013 »
yes - i've had enough

Offline jj

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #153 on: Aug 10 - 2013 »
If this thread gets removed or locked it just goes to show that democracy can be defeated by a few snivelling whingers.  Most of them, having whinged before (and they talk about us repeating ourselves),  don't even have to read this thread but they do and would rather whinge instead.  Thank god our great country isn't run on a similar basis or we would be in a lot worse mess than we already are.  Stop snivelling, blow your noses and do or say something constructive.

Toodle Pip   :-*

jj

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: Aug 10 - 2013 »
If this thread gets removed or locked it just goes to show that democracy can be defeated by a few snivelling whingers.  Most of them, having whinged before (and they talk about us repeating ourselves),  don't even have to read this thread but they do and would rather whinge instead.  Thank god our great country isn't run on a similar basis or we would be in a lot worse mess than we already are.  Stop snivelling, blow your noses and do or say something constructive.

Toodle Pip   :-*

jj

I hope the irony of you inferring that your post is itself constructive isn't lost on you. As for this thread, it's just turned into a constant repetition of opinions by two sides who have such widely differing views on the subject, leading me to make the call that the truth lies somewhere in the middle, as ever. As for democracy and free speech, neither side have introduced anything that could be interpreted as factual. It's all about opinions, although I've no doubt someone will be along soon to say that their side of the story is the only one to be believed.

Offline post5

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: Aug 10 - 2013 »
I don't believe it, my computer virus is back, something constructive ! For once I will agree with Twopints this is the most viewed thread on the SS Forum site, I wonder why,  the Jubilee must be one of the only SS pubs with disgruntled customers that have the benefit  of a clean and tidy pub with weed free patios, hanging baskets  and well kept gardens and sells good beer and remember the manager gets paid a pittance for his efforts. ( Mini Coaches and Buses need too book in advance ) local accommodation is available as the floor show in the lounge does not start till teatime and remember you must be out by 11.10, rule 415.
Now that's constructive. PS Sorry you thought I was CW well more sorry for him, he has broad shoulders though!

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: Aug 11 - 2013 »
For once I will agree with Twopints this is the most viewed thread on the SS Forum site, I wonder why,

Facts not fiction, this thread is no where near to top viewed threads on this forum.   With 5218 views as of now it's not even close to the top 10.    #10 as 11492 views and #1 as 38050 views.  And as for the # of posts, is only so high because people keep repeating them self's

Offline jj

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: Aug 11 - 2013 »
Thanks stato ;)
Please can I ask that you remove the whinging posts from this thread.  This would lower it in the league table and provide a much better flow to the debate.

ps thank you for not removing my access  :3>>

jj

Offline mac33

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: Aug 11 - 2013 »
get real if you dont like the thread dont read it, yes it goes round and round but one persons veiws are not anothers so locking the thread is blocking free speech, these people will never agree if you lock it they will just open it again under another thread and away we will go again. so if its not for you give it a miss ignore it move on to other things this thread will die away on its own over time.

Offline twopints

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: Aug 11 - 2013 »
Saturday nights, usually bustling with regulars and pre or post drinkers of Yarm High Street but last night Top-It-Up Taffy's was like a morgue!  The barrings are beginning to have an impact, but no where near as much as they will as the nights draw in.  Come to your senses before it is too late.

Offline bacuzzi48

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: Aug 11 - 2013 »
Just as  a bit of light relief,please explain the incident in the John Snow (roughly) I dont bother with newspapers or broadcast news so  havent a clue,but if Humph barred the miscreants im with Humph.

Offline post5

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: Aug 11 - 2013 »
I don't believe it we have a statistician logging these posts must be like train spotting ! Repetitive, boring, ironic and democracy have all been brought into this debate about a pub in the middle of nowhere. Interesting, yet they still keep logging in.
Regular viewers will note the Wicked Witch is back along with her mate the Wizard of Yarm. (who never left) Starting with democracy and the insinuations regarding the meat draw profits, the people who ran the meat draw decided that profits would go back into the pub for the benefit of customers and so for the last three years they have provided the Jub with 20ft Xmas trees with lights and at least two very good firework displays, that's what  you call community spirit, also a democratic decision. They need to be commended not criticized. The irony is that the people making these accusations, no little about the truth which has been demonstrated in previous posts.
Maybe boring but certainly not repetitive.

Offline twopints

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: Aug 12 - 2013 »
The families with young children have long since stopped coming to the Top-It-Up Taffy's since the switch to ping food, so save your money on fireworks unless it is for the big kids in the bar.  As for the tree the way it is going, there will be no customers left for the annual carol singing around the tree unless you and Titler can do accapella without Tommy's accompianment.  Perhaps Taffy can organise a male voice choir from the hillsides

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: Aug 12 - 2013 »
I don't believe it we have a statistician logging these posts must be like train spotting !

No anorak needed mate,  just a working knowledge of the forum.

http://samsmiths.info/forum/index.php?action=stats

Offline jj

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: Aug 12 - 2013 »
The witch is alive, kicking  and will arrive back on her broom very soon. It must be a guilty conscious post5.  Nowhere can I see anything said or implied about misappropriated funds in reference to the meat draw?  Perhaps you are reaching an age or a level of drug abuse where paranoia kicks in.  We have no need to lie and our wider group of friends know us much better than that.  Shame you didn?t bother getting truthful answers from Titler regarding all the questions that I raised. However, I didn?t expect responses because he would have had to contradict himself (two young girls who left the pub distraught ? what a load of hogwash!!!)

:-* jj