• Jet Tec ink cartridges - UK Ink Supplies
  • Global Moderator
  • Member Karma = +18/-1
    • View Profile
    • Jet Tec ink cartridges - UK Ink Supplies
  • SamSmiths Status: In the 'trade' - another company
Re: Top-It-Up Taffy's latest
« Reply #180 on: Aug 13 - 2013 »
Spelling is not something that is part of the AUP (http://samsmiths.info/aup.htm), nor should it be.

I have on a very small number of rare occasions corrected spelling on posts (mainly typos).  This has only occurred in the Subject box and this is for SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) purposes (which helps this site get listed on Google, et al.  However, this is probably becoming a more and more irrelevant task as search engines improve the way they scan web pages.

As a moderator, I will not accept criticism of spelling by one or more persons against another.  It is totally irrelevant and unnecessary to the Forum; there is always the possibility that the poster is dyslexic.  In my opinion, members of this Forum are not here to discuss nor criticise the spelling of other Forum members.

I am, however, willing to accept instances of Samuel Smith's Brewery spelling errors, as this would then be a relevant topic on a Forum about the Brewery!

Having said that, I do try to keep my own speeling in line and I try too get it more correct all off the time.

DB
Moderator.
« Last Edit: Aug 13 - 2013 by DarkieBoy »

Offline BlackDog

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
« Reply #181 on: Aug 13 - 2013 »
Well said!

Offline Daley Male

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: Aug 13 - 2013 »
Nice one!!

Offline post5

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: Aug 13 - 2013 »
In my defence I would like to say I was trying to establish the dogmatic attitude this particular person has to his opinions, for which he is fully entitled and I wholly agree with principle of free speech but when you stand up on a "soapbox" expect to get heckled, otherwise don't do it.
PS The Spell Check is the last button on the write at the bottom of this paige !

Offline Calcarian

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: Aug 14 - 2013 »
Call me an old fool, but wouldn't relations be a bit easier if you called him Steve or whatever his name is instead of Titler?
It's massively childish and diminishes your argument immediately.

Offline twopints

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: Aug 14 - 2013 »
D Day has come and gone and we can still post - thank you to all who voted to keep this thread, started by wise old owl,  alive and to the "unknown" moderators.

Hello Calcarian
I totally agree!  When he man's up and admits he was wrong and reinstates ALL the local regulars he has barred of course it will be Steve.  But as he has damaged long term friendships without any warning or second chances and refused clemency despite numerous pleas on behalf of the innocent his nickname will remain.  I guess we could shorten it so it's not so evocative to TIT and Eva could be come TIT E.  In more formal situations perhaps Herr Grupen Fuhrer would be more appropriate?

Offline Mr Taddy

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: Aug 14 - 2013 »
Childish twaddle

Offline jj

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #187 on: Aug 14 - 2013 »
 :()

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: Aug 14 - 2013 »
I can't belive that this thread is still going, but it is an interesting gossip column if nothing else. I agree that if proper names were used instead of titler it might have more meaning and better debate.

I was going to ignore this at first as it seems to be the only thread with much activity since my jollies.  :HD
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline twopints

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: Aug 14 - 2013 »
I was in early doors tonight - still very quiet.  However, I can report some good news :)  It appears that the posts on this site have done some good and shamed Titler into parking his beema and Ford Ka in spaces other than those marked for the genuinely disabled.  So to you sceptics Titler hasn't lost the use of his legs OR there has been a miracle at the Top-It-Up Taffy's!!!

Offline post5

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: Aug 14 - 2013 »
Welcome Calearian cannot beat a bit a of new blood, see you have already been drummed by the Wizard of Yarm for your thoughts, typical same old message and not even a new format. The trouble is he is a Busker ( sorry, too many syllables) I meant" a one man band", his repertoire is obviously extremely limited eg cannot think out of the box, like an old vinyl record stuck in a rut.  People with this condition would normally go to a psychiatrist (Shrink, keep it simple) to solve their problem but this person just seems to come back to the Jub. too further his suffering, I cannot help but think there must some satisfaction somewhere for him though or he would not keep coming back. Just a thought , good job the Jub doesn't have a music licence otherwise that old favourite of Roy Orbsin would never be off the juke box Only The Lonely. Regulars in the pub are fully aware of these characters. We Hillbillies prefer Cajun music whilst we stand round a tree Jim Oliver singing I Love My Saturday Night, springs to mind. Happy Days

Offline twopints

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: Aug 17 - 2013 »
Titler strikes again! Another family of regulars (3 generations) and their two fiends have been barred.  I think this is why he got fired from the Gables.....he just doesn't like people!!  I have no idea how many have been barred from Top-It-Up Taffy's but their extended groups must now be at least 30-40 people.  What I do know is that the three lounges are now usually empty and therefore devoid of any atmosphere.   How can this many local people be wrong and Titler and post5 be right?  I think he should look for another profession which is non customer facing.  I should be in tonight (Saturday) so I will do a head count and report back.

Offline bacuzzi48

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: Aug 17 - 2013 »
Seems like Harriet Harperson is now on the case, :SS

Offline centurion

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #193 on: Aug 17 - 2013 »
Titler strikes again! Another family of regulars (3 generations) and their two fiends have been barred.  I think this is why he got fired from the Gables.....he just doesn't like people!!  I have no idea how many have been barred from Top-It-Up Taffy's but their extended groups must now be at least 30-40 people.  What I do know is that the three lounges are now usually empty and therefore devoid of any atmosphere.   How can this many local people be wrong and Titler and post5 be right?  I think he should look for another profession which is non customer facing.  I should be in tonight (Saturday) so I will do a head count and report back.

Two fiends0-)

No idea? Answer... at least 30-40 people. Should be a doddle to get served now  8)

Offline post5

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: Aug 17 - 2013 »
This is getting very confusing was the meaning of fiend meant to refer to ghouls or addicts or freaks maybe or of course just devils, suppose its best left to your imagination and as to Steve's  decision to bar them, I recon it must have come from above.
 Just do not understand the Harriet Harperson thing ?
Regarding tonight's promised head count hope it is not more than 10, otherwise he might have to take his shoes and socks off !