Author Topic: Top-It-Up Taffy's latest  (Read 63942 times)  Share 

Offline twopints

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Top-It-Up Taffy's latest
« Reply #195 on: Aug 18 - 2013 »
Better phone Guinness book of records - Titler must already have a world record for the number he has barred in his first 6 months.  In all the years I have been going to the Jube only one person has been barred and that was Big Col (some say post5 is one and the same and who has now become Taffy's best mate).  Anyway, getting rid of the fiends hasn't helped the atmosphere which was dead again last night.  Wonder if Titler has thought about becoming a traffic warden? (similar mentality)

There is very rarely more than 10 in all three lounges (except for sunday quiz) and definitely no danger to public health last night by needing to remove socks and shoes.  Is this another one of Titler's new rules?

The odds have shortened again regarding "gone before xmas"!  Perhaps Taffy was a bit hasty selling his property as prices are now heading upwards?
« Last Edit: Aug 18 - 2013 by twopints »

Offline bacuzzi48

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
« Reply #196 on: Aug 18 - 2013 »
Political correctness is creaping on to website (sexist  etc) Harriet Harperson is a p...take of Harriet Harman Deputy leader of labour party the high priestess of political correctness.The only way to deal with that brigade is to laugh at them,they have no sense of humour so they never realise when its p...taking.

Offline Gerald

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Top-It-Up Taffy's latest
« Reply #197 on: Aug 18 - 2013 »
Two pints - there have been loads barred over the years apart from Col. Geoff barred loads and usually for good reason. Not sure about Sean/Andrea or Andy/Wendy but Karl/Kay barred a load and so did Lee/Julia. The two girls barred at least two that I can think of. Nigel/Tracey definitely barred 4 that I can remember.

Offline twopints

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: Aug 18 - 2013 »
We were probably less aware because we were with the genteel lot in the lounge(s).  However, I think that if you could add up all those since Geoff & Kay, they would not total Titler's world beating record. 

Offline post5

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: Aug 18 - 2013 »
I reached the Harriet Harmon connection but missed the political correctness bit, apologies, good post.
Back to matters in hand, this guy that works for the Victims Support Unit clearly has more casualties than he can handle, obviously in the wrong job or in the wrong place. Must be quite clever though he can take his socks off before his shoes !
The confusion between me and big Col continues, I have it on very good authority he has his own "hash tag" for this site, watch this space. Just for the record the OBB has been spot on the last couple of days when I was in, business was brisk, service good and the company very friendly. Spoke to Steve (manager) he claims the last two people he barred was for fiddling the bandit in the bar, they came in on three occasions and won the jackpot each time, they were spotted using a mini-computer and a smart phone, he told them in the car park in private not to come back.

Offline twopints

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: Aug 19 - 2013 »
Hello post5.  Can't understand why Col needs to join this site now with a new hash tag, post5 is OK.  It is not surprising service is brisk in the bar!  There are virtually no regulars left in the lounge!  I was speaking to Candice (and Paul) today who have stopped going in (previously 3-4 nights per week) and prefer the Eagle.  Last time they visited Top-It-Up-Taffy's they were the only couple in all 3 lounges.  Even Ross has started drinking in the Eagle, probably to distance himself from Titler or he needs more than just his own company.  What is very pleasing is that by now, as Autumn is approaching, Titlers's actions must be having a detrimental impact on the takings. I hope HS is examining the accounts thoroughly.  As for the OBB being spot on, well what else has Taffy got to do when there are no customers to serve or bar??

Offline bacuzzi48

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: Aug 19 - 2013 »
Reference the SS pub in Yam The Jubilee ? What are the opening times plan doing a few of Humphs northern establishments,it will be a long day but must have a pint in this one,never been barred from a pub in my life but if I am as I live on the east coast it wont matter.

Offline twopints

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: Aug 19 - 2013 »
Hi bacuzzi48

Just don't expect 95% of a pint! Titler must be one of HS's star as far as surplus.  I'm only guessing but wouldn't be surprised if Taffy is achieving 10%+

Offline post5

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: Aug 19 - 2013 »
Bacuzzi48 Opening times are 12-11 Mon-Sat, Sun 12-10.30 at the Jubilee. Route M11,A14,A1 and A19 approx. drive time around 4hrs. Quite a large pocket of SS pubs around within a 20ml radius, reasonable B&B 3mins down the road called Fieldview, in a couple of days you could hit about a dozen and have a good nights sleep. Sweet Dreams.

Offline post5

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: Aug 19 - 2013 »
Twopints you are boring !

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +33/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: Aug 20 - 2013 »
Thanks for info post5 will be up myself soon,first and last post on this thread.

Offline twopints

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: Aug 20 - 2013 »
Boring, possibly.  Of sound mind and judgement, unquestionably.........unlike one or two I could mention
« Last Edit: Aug 20 - 2013 by twopints »

Offline Postman

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Top-It-Up Taffy's latest
« Reply #207 on: Aug 21 - 2013 »
Interesting read this...although a lot of what I have read is complete crap!

I drink in the bar and am quite happy in there.

I also drink with Col and he is not post5.

Most people will know who I am from my username.

Had a few pints last night and none needed topping up....

Cheers!

Offline twopints

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: Aug 21 - 2013 »
Welcome Postman

Thanks for adding to the crap

Offline Postman

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Top-It-Up Taffy's latest
« Reply #209 on: Aug 21 - 2013 »
Which part of my post is crap twopints?

Are you implying I'm not happy drinking in the bar?

That I don't drink with Col and know he's not post5?

Or that my pints last night needed topping up?