Author Topic: Top-It-Up Taffy's latest  (Read 59834 times)  Share 

Offline Drinker1

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Top-It-Up Taffy's latest
« Reply #255 on: Dec 8 - 2013 »

if you know so much, please tell me how so many people have been barred from the jube, under
the new manager both from the lounges and the bar - were they all bad tables?  Get a grip man

Your problem is with HS not the management although the brewery will always pass the blame back onto the manager as it is easier

Offline twopints

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: Dec 8 - 2013 »
Final question - HS barred  my friends for 6 months.  Why then did the manager find it necessary to be so obnoxious to one of them and refuse to serve him after the 6 month period.  You can say what you want but if you read the full thread the latest manager is a loose canon with an attitude problem.  He is welcome to the
Jube and all those who continue to drink in this unfriendly atmosphere.

Offline Drinker1

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: Dec 8 - 2013 »
HS and brewery rules are that it is a lifetime ban not 6 months .... Brewery rules not managers rules

Offline twopints

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: Dec 23 - 2013 »
Hooray - The Layfield (previously The Harvester) has re-opened.  :HD

Offline bonus ball

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Sams Staff Member
« Reply #259 on: Dec 23 - 2013 »
yes the layfield is open GO GO hoorah hes gone

Offline post5

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
« Reply #260 on: Dec 23 - 2013 »
Don't hold your breath the Layfield is no longer licenced as a public house, look at the For Sale sign "Former Public House, then check the licence register on the SBC website, Merry Christmas

Offline Chutney

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: Jan 20 - 2014 »
"And now for something completely different" Any one reading this thread might get the wrong impression of Jubilee if they have not visited the pub so here is the other side of the coin.
 The pub is spotlessly clean as are the toilets, the beer is spot on the service is second to non any one who has had too much to drink is refused any more (nice to see a responsible land lord and not one who is only intrested in beer sales) and the people who drink there are welcoming and friendly.
As for the name "Top it up Taffy" well any Welsh man who pulls pints in a ss pub in England is just asking for that one. Maybe some of the drinkers there need to get about a bit more, lager in the surrounding area is ?3 plus a pint and the managers run the pubs by remote control from up stairs they could not  name all but two or three of the regulars.
« Last Edit: Jan 20 - 2014 by Chutney »

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +33/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: Jan 20 - 2014 »
Wasn't going to post on this ridiculous thread but have to agree,I went in late last year(didn't tell them who I was or mentioned forum) as an outsider was made very welcome,sat in the lounge for a couple as the bar was packed,moved through when it quietened down,beer was spot on,landlord and locals very friendly and place was spotless,I take people and places as I find them and couldn't fault either,will be back soon.

Offline post5

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: Jun 27 - 2014 »
Good news for all you Jubilee ex-pats our illustrious leader and his wife are to depart on the 14th July !

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: Jun 27 - 2014 »
Good news for all you Jubilee ex-pats our illustrious leader and his wife are to depart on the 14th July !
Not exactly unpredictable that they'd come back from under their rock then...

Offline twopints

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: Jun 27 - 2014 »
Many thanks post5 - not before time.  See you and Tom from the 15th onwards and welcome back :)

Offline unhappy

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: Jun 28 - 2014 »
Hope we not going through all this again! You know some managers keep the people already barred , barred! lets just wait n see if the new managers  are popular

Offline kettlesimon

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: Jun 28 - 2014 »
Would like to wish Steve and his good lady (sorry i never caught your name), all the best for the future.

Offline Drinker1

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: Jun 30 - 2014 »
Hope we not going through all this again! You know some managers keep the people already barred , barred! lets just wait n see if the new managers  are popular

It was H that gave the order for that table to be barred ... And I expect he will still have them barred ....

Offline taxydual

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: Oct 7 - 2014 »
To keep you all up to date.

We, in Bedale, inherited your ex manager. The Waggon and Horses, one of the most popular pubs in the town. Within months, one of the two most popular barmaids resigned. Followed shortly by the 2nd barmaid being pushed out "I've cut her hours so she can spend more time with her family" was the excuse. The cut hours (and popular and experienced) barmaid promptly found herself with another job.

Both barmaids are bitter, one can understand. Years of experience, they knew and could name the locals. Unlike the your ex, who referred everyone as 'Mate'.

Then he introduced Sam Smiths 5% into the pub. "Only top up if the customer asks".

The man is/was a disaster as a publican.

Last Friday evening, Bedale pubs were fairly buzzing, he had not one customer.

Please don't get me wrong. I wish the guy, and his wife, well. But....perhaps the hospitality industry is not for them.