Author Topic: Top-It-Up Taffy's latest  (Read 63937 times)  Share 

Offline jj

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
Re: Top-It-Up Taffy's latest
« Reply #60 on: Jul 24 - 2013 »
Quite the contrary sweetie, but your thoughtfulness is touching  :-*  Please pass on my wishes to SS Titler, Eva Prawn and their henchmen

Offline twopints

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Jul 27 - 2013 »
Titler isn't the only loser!  One of the gang of four always but his loose change, at each round, into the Great North Air Ambulance charity box.  Hang your head in shame Titler.  Just go!

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
« Reply #62 on: Jul 27 - 2013 »
This thread is turning into a name calling farce.      I'm just wondering if some members have got there forums mixed up?   Some posts on here would be too childish even for this Golden Jubilee...........  http://goldenjubileeschool.in/nursery.aspx?id=13

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +15/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Jul 27 - 2013 »
Titler isn't the only loser!  One of the gang of four always but his loose change, at each round, into the Great North Air Ambulance charity box.  Hang your head in shame Titler.  Just go!

Are you suggesting that people who give to charity shouldn't be barred from pubs whatever their behavior?

Offline post5

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Jul 27 - 2013 »
Ian I totally agree with you this topic is now a farce the people who set it up no longer either have access to or use the Jub and others just do not know when to find another "watering hole". We need a new more positive thread ! Come on Taffy keep up the good work.

Offline unhappy

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Jul 28 - 2013 »
boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! glad I aint got that pub

Offline jj

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Jul 28 - 2013 »
It may be childish just like Titler & Eva Prawn (an eye for an eye) and if you find our comments boring why click on the thread unhappy?? I will continue to post updates on TOP-IT-UP Taffy's until the current management have left.  As post5 sums it up so well; HAPPY DAYS  :)

Offline unhappy

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Jul 28 - 2013 »
in response I click on it to see if anything is remotely interesting with the jubilee saga. I look on all threads esp in the north east pubs.. don't no the current management but they must be strong to put up with all this against them.

Offline jj

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Jul 28 - 2013 »
Strong, no.  Bully boy, yes.  His barrings, for virtually  nothing, have upset a lot of good local people.  So whatever they have to put up with, they have brought it totally on themselves.  Revenge is best served cold.  Watch this space.

jj

Offline post5

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Jul 29 - 2013 »
Ouch, the word is actually churlish. Zoogeographical normally relates to an endangered species that is kept isolated for their own good in a suitable environment for safety reasons usually in cages, which in this instance seems quite appropriate ! Except in this case they seem free to roam, told Steve (the manager) he should have thrown the keys away, some people never listen, do they! The OBB was spot on today and the company enjoyable. Gardens looked good and no weeds on the patio. Anyone tried the Best Bitter yet ? at ?1.64 a shot cannot be all bad. KEEP SMILING

Offline jj

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Jul 29 - 2013 »
Brilliant! post5

churl?ish 

Adjective
Rude in a mean-spirited and surly way.
Synonyms
rude - boorish - coarse - uncivil - uncouth - unmannerly

This sums little Titler up perfectly  :-*

Offline twopints

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Jul 29 - 2013 »
I called in to TOP-IT-UP Taffy's on Saturday night.
1. There are new signs behind the bar stating that the will only serve 95% of what you are paying for!!  So they are now being honest but do all staff know what 95% looks like, judging by my pint I think not!!
2. Mark, another excellent bar man, has gone.
3. Les, one of the gang of four, has tried again to plead for a sentence reduction and got short shrift - I wouldn't have given Little Titler the satisfaction Les.
4. Intent on destroying the place the new management are no happier, if anything they are looking even more surly.  Churlish - perfect 

Offline kettlesimon

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: Jul 29 - 2013 »
I wasn't going to get drawn into this thread, but it remains one of my pet hates with the pub industry. If you are paying for a pint of beer, then that is what you should get. I know all of this 95% liquid caper, but still feel that if requested a pint should be topped up without question, as was the old SS policy. To cut through all of the crap why don't they just start introducing 24oz glasses, with the line marked clearly on the side. I attach a photo of a pint of OBB bought on a recent visit to The Golden Jubilee, Yarm. This is how it was served, in fact the guy that pulled it (who i assumed was the manager), checked it twice to confirm the level was right. I didn't complain as i had read the thread on here and was with friends and didn't really want a scene. I did take the precaution of telling my wife that if i wasnt there when she returned from her shopping trip, that i would be at another neighbouring pub (Fox Covert, High Leven), so i must have had half a mind on what might happen if i kicked up a fuss.

On the same topic in another SS house that i use sometimes, Humph on a recent visit was lambasting the manager about this 5% surplus and even suggested that the manager book himself on a day trip to Manchester, to the SOB in order to see how the job was done "properly".

At the end of the day if Shell or Esso started dispensing 95% of a litre of fuel and charging for 100%, there would be hell on and beer is at least twice as expensive as petrol/diesel.

Onwards & upwards

Offline twopints

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Jul 29 - 2013 »
That's about the norm kettlesimon but I have seen worse hence TOP-IT-UP Taffy's.
Based on the pencil rule that looks about 85% of a pint.  Unfortunately this will make Titler look good in the eyes of Humph for probably averaging 10%+ savings whilst fleecing all his customers.  That is, the ones he hasn't yet barred.  Never make a scene in the Jube or you will follow the  many others who have been forced by this idiot to other watering holes in the area.  The Crown is a nice alternative with a good atmosphere (TOP-IT-UP Taffy's no longer has one) and serves an excellent pint of Camerons

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Jul 29 - 2013 »
Re the pint.  Sorry but I would not of taken it from the bar,  plus it's not very clear, is it.