Author Topic: Look out Look out, theres a Humphrey about  (Read 21304 times)  Share 

Offline JettaP

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: Look out Look out, theres a Humphrey about
« Reply #30 on: Feb 9 - 2009 »
Nice guy Dave Beswick was sacked in November... Humph has put in a couple of appearances at the Greyhound in Altham nr Accrington since then.. and when interviewing possible Managers for the Petrie Arms near Whalley, in December  (n.b. shambolic interviews as always) informed the candidates he was the Area Manager now....
As they say in Oswaldtwistle " If you catch a weasel asleep, you can pi** in it's ear"

Offline Mr Zak

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Feb 9 - 2009 »
Hey, Admin - how about a section where a list of all managers sacked in the last twelve months could be compiled? Might be a basis for numbers for the press, and the beginnings of collective action? >:( >:(
A pint before the trouble starts.....

Offline smiffy

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Feb 9 - 2009 »
Hey, Admin - how about a section where a list of all managers sacked in the last twelve months could be compiled? Might be a basis for numbers for the press, and the beginnings of collective action? >:( >:(

Christ, a list of all sacked managers in the past 12 months.....Admin you might need to beef up ya server mate  LOL

Offline Alpine Drinker

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Feb 10 - 2009 »
PETRE ARMS ALONE WOULD TAKE AN A4 SIDE LOL :P
« Last Edit: Feb 10 - 2009 by Alpine Drinker »
For those who understand, no explanation is needed.
For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible.

Offline 357maddog

• Global Moderator
  • Member Karma = +0/-0
  • Mad dog hot sauce..mmm
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Ex Sams Manager
« Reply #34 on: Mar 10 - 2009 »
That very strange man has been to the Golden Jubilee in Yarm tonight, didn't seem to cause too much of a problem, but when he walked back to his car you would have thought he was being stalked by the SAS, f--king eyes everywhere, checking no one was following him...lol
Wonder if its finally beginning to dawn on the soft chap that he is a very hated man, and it will only take one stressed manager to cause him some damage....he is after all a very easy target.
Beware the toes you tread on today are not attached to the leg that supports the arse that you are gonna have to kiss tomorrow.

Offline Max

• Administrator
  • Member Karma = +26/-0
    • View Profile
    • SamSmiths
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #35 on: Mar 11 - 2009 »

Not a bad idea really - we'll see what happens. Instead of a 'sacked by sams' section - I thought I would start an "I used to work for Sam Smiths", section. This is because I know some, have escaped, before they were fired!

..Hang on a moment, that sounds very much like what used to happen during the second World War!  ;)
Always in support of the Samuel Smiths Brewery - although very concerned about the current company strategy towards its staff and customers, as exercised by the Directors. We believe in promoting common sense, decency, compassion, fairness and compliance with company, employment and English law.