Author Topic: Sonny Bridge, Tadcaster  (Read 1046 times)  Share 

Offline nobody

• Member Karma = +6/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Curious Visitor
Sonny Bridge, Tadcaster
« on: Jul 31 - 2016 »
Heard that Humphrey refuses to use Sonny Bridge and he walks to the Viaduct to cross there on his way to work and back home. With the road bridge hitting snags the end of the year opening looks doubtful.   

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: Sonny Bridge, Tadcaster
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21 - 2016 »
Delays to the bridge I fear,so the residents of Tadcaster will have to use the alternative bridge for a bit longer :S*

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/14693176.Tadcaster_bridge_repairs_delayed_by__boring__decision/
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline Melanie Starkey

• Member Karma = +16/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
« Reply #2 on: Aug 22 - 2016 »
I can't understand why it is being delayed further.  I would have thought the district/county council would have sought the desire of the residents early in 2016.  Instead the businesses in the town are suffering further.  I was in Tadcaster on Sunday and it was very quiet.

Offline nobody

• Member Karma = +6/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Curious Visitor
« Reply #3 on: Aug 25 - 2016 »
I can't understand why it is being delayed further.  I would have thought the district/county council would have sought the desire of the residents early in 2016.  Instead the businesses in the town are suffering further.  I was in Tadcaster on Sunday and it was very quiet.

It was the piling that was the trouble, now they are boring instead when they can find a firm to do it.