Author Topic: 1982 brewery video  (Read 3228 times)  Share 

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +33/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
1982 brewery video
« on: Aug 1 - 2016 »
An excellent video from 1982 showing brewery process,shires,cellar bar etc,the good old days!.

http://player.bfi.org.uk/film/watch-beer-brewed-at-yorkshires-oldest-brewery-1982/

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
Re: 1982 brewery video
« Reply #1 on: Aug 3 - 2016 »
Thanks for posting that - it brought back a lot of memories. My only visit to the brewery was also in 1982. I wonder what it would take for HS to regain his senses and restore the wonderful, unique signage to the pubs?  Interesting that the film was produced by Turners. They were the biggest and best photographic company on Tyneside and I was still using them to process films until they closed that business around 1992.

Offline normanx

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 3 - 2016 »
An excellent video from 1982 showing brewery process,shires,cellar bar etc,the good old days!.

http://player.bfi.org.uk/film/watch-beer-brewed-at-yorkshires-oldest-brewery-1982/
Still miss the Sam Smiths branding ,

Offline Chutney

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 4 - 2016 »
Cheers for that. I've not seen that film before, it took me back a bit.

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +24/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 7 - 2016 »
Interesting video and shows that SS did make films in the good old days.

Yes I too miss the signage and the interesting pub signs.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline myke

• Member Karma = +7/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Aug 24 - 2016 »
Was refreshing to see the old video maybe if Humphry watched this he will see how good times were and bring them back. Or maybe he wont see it as his blinkers are firmly fixed now :HJH
The posts i make are my own. The oppinions i express are mine too.  :BL

• Member Karma = +24/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sep 21 - 2016 »
Was refreshing to see the old video maybe if Humphry watched this he will see how good times were and bring them back. Or maybe he wont see it as his blinkers are firmly fixed now :HJH

How true
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline jackrussel

• Member Karma = +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 4 - 2017 »
Heyup,, link not working...404 etc. Would love to see this! It would rub salt in the wound, but is there another link, the BFI seem to have nobbled it. Cheers!! :DKB  <--that's Imperial Stout!
SSOBT. My ultimate favourite brewer. Please look after me, you may need me someday.   Imperial-->:DKB <-- Stout!

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jan 5 - 2017 »
Heyup,, link not working...404 etc. Would love to see this! It would rub salt in the wound, but is there another link, the BFI seem to have nobbled it. Cheers!! :DKB  <--that's Imperial Stout!

The disappearing video has the whiff of one of Humphrey's solicitor's letters behind it. There's no sign of it on the BFI website and unfortunately no YouTube copy.

• Member Karma = +24/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jan 5 - 2017 »

The disappearing video has the whiff of one of Humphrey's solicitor's letters behind it. There's no sign of it on the BFI website and unfortunately no YouTube copy.

Totally agree, & Humphrey must have a team of Solicitors around the clock to deal with all his legal needs.  :EX :GIVEB:

Offline JohnBoy

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jan 9 - 2017 »
Hi everyone, Iím a new boy on this forum.  Iíve been reading the mail for quite some time.  So I thought it is time to contribute.

I think that I have that missing video that was mentioned on one of my hard drives so I put it up again on youtube.com

Itís here at this link:-  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x08mqHpKfg

I strongly advise anyone who likes this video to download it before 'someone' again has it taken down via YouTubeDownloader, or Any Video Downloader.  But be aware, both sites will try and give you Ďfree onesí PUPS, so please use the advance download.

John

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jan 9 - 2017 »
Hi everyone, Iím a new boy on this forum.  Iíve been reading the mail for quite some time.  So I thought it is time to contribute.

I think that I have that missing video that was mentioned on one of my hard drives so I put it up again on youtube.com

Itís here at this link:-  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x08mqHpKfg

I strongly advise anyone who likes this video to download it before 'someone' again has it taken down via YouTubeDownloader, or Any Video Downloader.  But be aware, both sites will try and give you Ďfree onesí PUPS, so please use the advance download.

John

You're a star!

I've just downloaded the video and stored it on Google Drive so that's safe!

Offline jackrussel

• Member Karma = +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Mar 5 - 2017 »
Thanks very much Jonboy, I have it now. Where's my time machine......
Why on earth he should keep getting this pulled, (if 'tis he, indeed) he should feel proud of what he has, not try to hide it.
And bring back the signing (not using the modern term 'branding', note), in exactly the style it was, no hanging baskets, fake modern pendant lamps or up/downlighters and the like. He knows what I mean! It would credit the firm and the man.
SSOBT. My ultimate favourite brewer. Please look after me, you may need me someday.   Imperial-->:DKB <-- Stout!

Offline JohnBoy

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Mar 6 - 2017 »
@ OnTheDrink & jackrussel, pleased to be of some help.  Fingers crossed, it's been up on YouTube for two months now ;D

Offline JohnBoy

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Mar 24 - 2017 »
Well it had to happen  ::H I got a email this morning from YouTube saying the video has been taken down by the request of SSOB as it's copywriter material.  It had  a good innings of almost 3 Months.