Author Topic: 1982 brewery video  (Read 3545 times)  Share 

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +37/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: 1982 brewery video
« Reply #15 on: Mar 25 - 2017 »
Thanks for resurrecting it,however briefly,such a shame the brewery's no publicity policy even covers this excellent film which does nothing but promote it.cheers BB.

Offline JohnBoy

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Mar 27 - 2017 »
Well the link was active long enough for members to download it. But it does Shaw by the way the YouTube message read > I knew it was copyright, and should not have published it. Sure looks that Humph has his men watching this forum.

YouTube did say that I could fight the case. But why should a OAP with just a small private pension ever go that way,

What I don't understand the company who made the film had permission from  Sam's, so they had the copyright. This company closed down in the 80's So how does SSOBB have the copyright?

Anyway as I've said, and members before, why should Samuels Smith shun this greater bublisaty.

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +9/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Mar 28 - 2017 »
What I don't understand the company who made the film had permission from  Sam's, so they had the copyright. This company closed down in the 80's So how does SSOBB have the copyright?

If the film was commissioned by Sams it may well be that they bought the rights as part of the package. Not so usual with stills photography but common practice with filmmaking.

Offline jackrussel

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Apr 13 - 2017 »
Too soon,, did I feel smug having saved it to HDD. PC crashed and now gone....never had a chance to see it properly with sound (sound prob was partly the reason for PC crash anyway). Bah flinking blip!!  What harm it would do is anyones guess; I reckon he does not buy the old adage a bout no publicity is bad publicity. I mostly agree, but really.......
SSOBT. My ultimate favourite brewer. Please look after me, you may need me someday.   Imperial-->:DKB <-- Stout!

Offline JohnBoy

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Apr 21 - 2017 »

If the film was commissioned by Sams it may well be that they bought the rights as part of the package. Not so usual with stills photography but common practice with filmmaking.
Yes I should have known this, as a semi pro stills photographer. I bet Humph thinks with all the new Micro Breweries coming on the seen, that they might steel his show