Author Topic: More bad News  (Read 2782 times)  Share 

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
More bad News
« on: Aug 7 - 2016 »
Another article about crime in a SS pub,not good publicity for the brewery or the pub.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/14655367.Man_charged_after_cross_is_slashed_into_pub_goer_s_face/

Hope things get back to normal soon and some good news comes through
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Online mjellis77

• Member Karma = +1/-0
  • 96 Sam's Pubs Visited (and counting...)
    • View Profile
Re: More bad News
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10 - 2016 »
Blimey - this is after some bloke was jabbed in the neck in a Smith's in Stamford :

http://www.stamfordmercury.co.uk/news/local/update-man-stabbed-multiple-times-in-the-neck-in-stamford-pub-1-7427405#ixzz4BRpfsqR0

Online OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 11 - 2016 »
Blimey - this is after some bloke was jabbed in the neck in a Smith's in Stamford :

http://www.stamfordmercury.co.uk/news/local/update-man-stabbed-multiple-times-in-the-neck-in-stamford-pub-1-7427405#ixzz4BRpfsqR0

Never mind that - what about the blackboard actually advertising that it's a Sam Smiths pub!

Offline under250

• Member Karma = +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 13 - 2016 »
The only time I see people become assholes in SS pubs is the one's drinking Lager (most of the times).
Lager seems to make people dickheads esp the chemical faith like Stella wife beat etc, I mean you never really see punch ups at Real Ale festival's.

Online mjellis77

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23 - 2016 »
The only time I see people become assholes in SS pubs is the one's drinking Lager (most of the times).
Lager seems to make people dickheads esp the chemical faith like Stella wife beat etc, I mean you never really see punch ups at Real Ale festival's.

I agree with that! But I'm sure that Sam's don't put the filth into their lagers that Stella Artois do ;D

Offline under250

• Member Karma = +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 23 - 2016 »

I agree with that! But I'm sure that Sam's don't put the filth into their lagers that Stella Artois do ;D
Yes Sam Smiths Lager is really tasty stuff.
BTW this site is way to quiet.

Online mjellis77

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Dec 5 - 2016 »

Never mind that - what about the blackboard actually advertising that it's a Sam Smiths pub!
Since you mentioned that I've noticed that I don't think I've ever seen a pub advertised as Sam Smiths from the outside in any way (the main sign or any other hoardings or wording on windows etc). Of course this begs the question as to...why!!??  :o

Offline jboycott

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Dec 6 - 2016 »
Many of those that I knew had the white/black exteriors with gold lettering identity and could be spotted a mile off. The story I heard was that a certain person made it on to the Sunday Rich List and so decided to "anonymise" the pubs to make it more difficult to value the estate. Not sure whether true or made up but they all seemed to end up a non-descript brown and "Samuel Smiths" free. Pity really.
Still occasionally hear people at the bar say "ugh, didn't know it was Sam Smiths, lets go somewhere else.."

Offline Johnstone

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 6 - 2016 »
Sam Smiths publican jailed - I bet Hump won't like that! How can he employ people like that? Shows they do not check if staff are 'fit & proper' in the first place
Always thought the St Marys Vaults was a decent pub. See the Stamford report 1 hour ago!!

A publican who repeatedly stabbed a man with a steak knife has been jailed for four years.

Sean Mitchell, 46, inflicted four stab wounds on Stephen Dagg, 53, when he attacked him from behind at the St Mary's Vaults pub in Stamford, Lincolnshire.

Lincoln Crown Court heard there was a history of hostility between the men.

Mitchell, who was a publican at the nearby Melbourn pub, had previously banned Mr Dagg from his premises.

More on this and other local stories from across Lincolnshire

The court heard Mr Dagg was drinking in the St Mary's Vaults pub on 12 June when Mitchell burst in to the pub and was heard to say: "Where's that queer."

Witnesses then described Mitchell, a father-of-three, attacking Mr Dagg from behind and inflicting four "karate chop" type blows to his neck and shoulder area.

The publican of St Mary's Vaults confirmed all of her knives were accounted for which meant Mitchell must have brought his steak knife with him.

Mr Dagg was then chased three or four times around the pub and hid behind the bar before he managed to escape outside.
'Generic abuse'

He was later admitted to hospital in Peterborough where was he treated for four stab wounds.

Mitchell, who also had a supervisory role at the St Mary's Vaults pub, later said he had no memory of the attack and simply did not know why it had happened.

Mark Watson, mitigating, admitted Mitchell had brought the weapon with him, but had no recollection of what happened.

He added: "He had and has no idea about the complainant's sexuality. It was simply generic abuse."

Mitchell, of All Saints Street, Stamford, admitted a charge of wounding Mr Dagg with intent to cause him grievous bodily harm and having an offensive weapon.

Offline Johnstone

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 6 - 2016 »
Understand the guy convicted wasn't the Licensee of the St Marys vaults. Apologises for error!

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +14/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Dec 6 - 2016 »
Many of those that I knew had the white/black exteriors with gold lettering identity and could be spotted a mile off. The story I heard was that a certain person made it on to the Sunday Rich List and so decided to "anonymise" the pubs to make it more difficult to value the estate. Not sure whether true or made up but they all seemed to end up a non-descript brown and "Samuel Smiths" free. Pity really.
Still occasionally hear people at the bar say "ugh, didn't know it was Sam Smiths, lets go somewhere else.."

And conversely - oh great, it's a Sam's pub, i'll get em!

Online OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Dec 6 - 2016 »
Understand the guy convicted wasn't the Licensee of the St Marys vaults. Apologises for error!

No,  but he was the manager of the Sam Smiths owned All Saints Brewery at the time.

Offline jboycott

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Dec 6 - 2016 »

And conversely - oh great, it's a Sam's pub, i'll get em!

Oh, of course!

ps meant "Sunday Times"

Online mjellis77

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Dec 15 - 2016 »
I went in the St Mary's Vaults the other weekend and it looked very nice in a very posh area - doesn't seem the place where somebody would get jabbed inside the pub!  ::H