Author Topic: New Food Menu 2016  (Read 972 times)  Share 

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
New Food Menu 2016
« on: Aug 9 - 2016 »
Looks like a new menu has been arriving in a few SS pubs over the last week or so. Seems to be quite a few pies, 5 to be precise. One pie uses the Taddy Porter,which sounds interesting.The pies do look quite nice, the few of them I have seen. A much smaller selection than the previous menu though, which I guess is easier for the managers and storage.

Will have to go and try a few things on it and report back,also need to get hold of a new menu as well.  :SRD

I am assuming that the new menu will roll out throughout the empire, as when the pubs sell the old menu first. Some may take a while though  :WF
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline Melanie Starkey

• Member Karma = +16/-1
    • View Profile
Re: New Food Menu 2016
« Reply #1 on: Aug 9 - 2016 »
I remember what it was like last time, our locals scrubbed out the popular items and customers were left to eat what was left for some time.  Look forward to trying the new menu.

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 9 - 2016 »
I remember what it was like last time, our locals scrubbed out the popular items and customers were left to eat what was left for some time.  Look forward to trying the new menu.

I do agree, and it's down to one man at the brewery that a lot of managers blame. I am not sure about the new curry beetroot & aubergine,sounds interesting. The tikka one was popular but gone,seen it on specials boards.   
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline Melanie Starkey

• Member Karma = +16/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 12 - 2016 »
Tasted the new menu at The Agar Arms.  Husband had the mixed grill whilst I had the steak and porter ale pie.  Good value for money and the meal was well cooked.  Will certainly be eating from this menu again.  Nice friendly managers have been in the pub since April.  Hope all works out well for them.

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +13/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 13 - 2016 »
Tasted the new menu at The Agar Arms.  Husband had the mixed grill whilst I had the steak and porter ale pie.  Good value for money and the meal was well cooked.  Will certainly be eating from this menu again.  Nice friendly managers have been in the pub since April.  Hope all works out well for them.

Nice to hear!