Author Topic: Oxford and Cheshire good pubs  (Read 582 times)  Share 

Offline Chutney

• Member Karma = +2/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Oxford and Cheshire good pubs
« on: Sep 19 - 2016 »
Hi Everyone. We are planning a four days near Oxford and four near Chester back to back, can any of you good folk recommend some good pubs to visit for our daily walk and a few beers. Cheers all Chutney.

Offline Melanie Starkey

• Member Karma = +16/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Oxford and Cheshire good pubs
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20 - 2016 »
The Falcon and The Old Boot Inn both in Chester are worth a visit.

Offline blue stanley

• Member Karma = +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 20 - 2016 »
Had a lovely weekend in Oxford last year, a great place for a historic walk. The obvious pub to visit is the Sam`s pub (Three Goats Head I think) but if you buy a guide book the `Morse` pubs are really good. Sorry can`t name any off the top of my head.
Also if you are into walking and want to visit the SS pub The Mill Inn at Withington, (20-25 minutes from Oxford) there are some great walks around Chedworth Make sure you take in Chedworth Roman Villa.
It is thirteen years since I lived in Chester so I am not sure what the pubs are like now but I believe The Albion (just off the City Walls) is still worth a visit. As for walking, I would recommend any of the walks off the Sandstone Trail.

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 21 - 2016 »
Had a lovely weekend in Oxford last year, a great place for a historic walk. The obvious pub to visit is the Sam`s pub (Three Goats Head I think) but if you buy a guide book the `Morse` pubs are really good. Sorry can`t name any off the top of my head.
Also if you are into walking and want to visit the SS pub The Mill Inn at Withington, (20-25 minutes from Oxford) there are some great walks around Chedworth Make sure you take in Chedworth Roman Villa.
It is thirteen years since I lived in Chester so I am not sure what the pubs are like now but I believe The Albion (just off the City Walls) is still worth a visit. As for walking, I would recommend any of the walks off the Sandstone Trail.

Lots of lovely walks around the Oxford area and beyond. The Goats Head is a lovely SS pub when I last visited it a few years ago.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB