Author Topic: New, Organic Perry  (Read 1384 times)  Share 

Offline nobody

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Curious Visitor
New, Organic Perry
« on: Sep 28 - 2016 »
Was in a Samuel Smith's pub today and saw a bottle on Organic Perry. I bought one 3-90 and took it home, it's in the fridge and I'm having it later tonight.  Don't know it the photographs will come out. 

Offline blue stanley

• Member Karma = +2/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: New, Organic Perry
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29 - 2016 »
Confusing label that. I may be wrong but Perry and Pear Cider are two different things. Perry is made from Perry pears, Pear Cider is a blend of apple cider and pear.

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +26/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Oct 6 - 2016 »
Confusing label that. I may be wrong but Perry and Pear Cider are two different things. Perry is made from Perry pears, Pear Cider is a blend of apple cider and pear.

I do tend to agree. Seen it in a few SS pubs over the last few weeks, not bought one yet though. The brewery seem to be trying to attract a different type of  customer in the last few years.  :()
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +9/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 7 - 2016 »
The difference between Perry and Pear Cider is that Perry should be made from perry pears, which aren't edible. Pear Cider is a term invented to allow the likes of Bulmers to use edible pears and concentrates which make for a much sweeter drink. Real unsweetened perry is as dry as sticks. Unfortunately this Perry is made from concentrate and I'd like to think it was perry pear concentrate but I'm not even sure such a thing exists.

Offline bartender

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
New, Organic Perry
« Reply #4 on: Oct 7 - 2016 »
What's it taste like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline under250

• Member Karma = +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 13 - 2016 »

I do tend to agree. Seen it in a few SS pubs over the last few weeks, not bought one yet though. The brewery seem to be trying to attract a different type of  customer in the last few years.  :()
Bottles were so much cheaper 10/20 years ago as was the wine.