Author Topic: Head on lager  (Read 1197 times)  Share 

Offline vonny

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Head on lager
« on: Oct 1 - 2016 »
As a regular customer of many sam smiths pubs most of the landlords/ladies know i dont like a head on my lager. Mr smith is also aware of this. Im not being awkward, i love the lager but the froth makes me physically sick so i always have it with no head. I am aware of policies in sams and other pubs and have not had a problem until today. Visitng The Burns in York ( ive been going in there for 35 years) my husband asked for my lager with no head on and was totally ignored an was presented with a lager with a lovely big head on it. When he asked why after he specifically asked for no head the landlady snapped that that is how she serves her beer. My husband wiped the froth into a drip tray, no problem. Then the landlady went mad at him and was incredibly rude. What is wrong with liking your beer how you like it without abuse??

Offline yorkie

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: Head on lager
« Reply #1 on: Oct 1 - 2016 »
No head equals no 5% surplus. Bad for management figures in the brewery's eyes.

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +14/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Oct 1 - 2016 »
As a regular customer of many sam smiths pubs most of the landlords/ladies know i dont like a head on my lager. Mr smith is also aware of this. Im not being awkward, i love the lager but the froth makes me physically sick so i always have it with no head. I am aware of policies in sams and other pubs and have not had a problem until today. Visitng The Burns in York ( ive been going in there for 35 years) my husband asked for my lager with no head on and was totally ignored an was presented with a lager with a lovely big head on it. When he asked why after he specifically asked for no head the landlady snapped that that is how she serves her beer. My husband wiped the froth into a drip tray, no problem. Then the landlady went mad at him and was incredibly rude. What is wrong with liking your beer how you like it without abuse??

I don't know but i would think that doing a lager without a head is not easy or possible with the pumps and glasses that are used in Sam's pubs! Please correct me if I'm wrong....

Offline vonny

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 2 - 2016 »
Yes it can be done and its not always easy, granted.

Offline Owen

• Member Karma = +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Oct 2 - 2016 »
The best thing to do if anyone is rude to you is specifically ask to speak to the landlord/landlady, and DEMAND an apology.

If no apology is forthcoming, ask for the persons name and inform the landlord/landlady that Sams in Taddy will be told.

This usually solves the problem instantly!

If the offensive person is either the landlord or landlady, DEMAND an apology in no uncertain terms (being embarrassed in front of other customers is usually gets a proper response), and if that doesn't work, tell them you will take it up with Taddy towers.

Again, this usually solves the problem.

Offline jboycott

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Oct 3 - 2016 »
Owen - maybe he doesn't want to risk getting barred from a pub he's used for 35 years?

Offline Owen

• Member Karma = +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Oct 4 - 2016 »
Probably !