Author Topic: Another good manager gone.....  (Read 1317 times)  Share 

Offline great cider

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Another good manager gone.....
« on: Oct 21 - 2016 »
End of an era at The Hare and Hounds at Stutton. Kevin has stocked out this morning. Sunday dinners will never be the same again. Why are all the good managers going? When will Humphrey wake up to what he is doing to his best managers?

Offline Tadcaster resident

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Another good manager gone.....
« Reply #1 on: May 1 - 2017 »
apparently the pub has closed again. Expected to open in a couple of weeks

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11 - 2017 »
Over the last ten eyars or so,many many good managers have left SSOB whether by handing in their notice or been forced out or fired. Sad to see, and so many new managers without the skills or talent to run the many pubs that are now up for grabs.

Only two of my local SS pubs have managers in,one has worked for SS for quite a few years,the others are about at the year point. The other two pubs have a relief manager running both. That I believe about sums up SSOB at the moment.  :S* :S* :S*
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline Melanie Starkey

• Member Karma = +16/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12 - 2017 »
Thinking about the changing management teams it makes me wonder if the idea is that by continually changing staff pay and conditions are kept to a minimum.  I don't know what the t&c's are but business leaders have been known to increase staff turnover to reduce incremental payments, bonus and pension costs.  I am convinced SS believe they can do this because the customers will continue to visit no matter what. 

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +14/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12 - 2017 »
Good argument, but I don't think it's a "strategic" decision as there is a cost to recruiting, training and indeed administering new managers. I'm sure H would like to think that managers were there for life as it's so much less hassle.  Alas not in would seem.

Offline Melanie Starkey

• Member Karma = +16/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12 - 2017 »
I can't understand why a business would want to lose so many employees when you consider managers are responsible for the customer's enjoyment and hopefully repeat business.  It is a shame people have to make these decisions.  Interesting business plan, doesn't really go with long term planning.