Author Topic: Marketing  (Read 973 times)  Share 

Offline Bozzy

• Member Karma = +0/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Curious Visitor
Marketing
« on: Nov 1 - 2016 »
Hello

I have been following the forum for some time but not posted before, anyway an interesting observation has compelled myself to make my first post here.

I was in a "Free House" pub last night that was featuring a "Yorkshire Beer Fest" (pub in question was not in Yorkshire).

I noted ALL the bar staff were wearing SS tee-shirts and all the beermats were SS ones, so I asked for a pint of OBB and was told that it isn't available till Tuesday.

Anyway, I sat down with a pint of Black Sheep, and noted a poster on the wall that stated something along the lines of...

"Tuesday 1st November, come along for a pint of Sam Smiths and meet the actual Sam Smith in person who will be attending this event".

I doubt Humphrey would be attending so can only assume his son (Samuel) is behind this and will be attending, and SS are actually trying some marketing for a change?

Reading through the forums at the way SS handles marketing, is this a first for SS ????

Just checking the SS pub location map, there are no actual SS pubs in the town I was in, and the nearest SS pub is over 30 miles away.

Regards
Bozzy
« Last Edit: Nov 1 - 2016 by Bozzy »

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +13/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: Marketing
« Reply #1 on: Nov 1 - 2016 »
Welcome.

Yes, you never know. You Sam may be a chip off the old block but perhaps he has a few 20th century idea's to bring to the party.
I you see him, please ask why he isn't perusing the resurgence of cask beer in all of his pubs?

Offline Bozzy

• Member Karma = +0/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Curious Visitor
« Reply #2 on: Nov 1 - 2016 »
Unfortunately, I was working away yesterday when I stumbled upon this, and now back home so wasn't able to attend the pub in question (in Rugby) for the Sam Smiths event tonight, as I say was a total fluke to come across this last night.

I wish I was able to attend and meet him and talk about things to young Sam. I am quite a fan of SS products, but as I live in York near Tadcaster, I am very aware of Humphrey.

Anyway, a link to the pub below, currently showing the "Meet Samuel" event, have got a screen shot archived here if the site changes.

http://www.merchantsinn.co.uk/

Have to say, a cracking pub too!

TBH, was impressed with the Youtube video of Sam talking to Americans about SS products, so am hopeful young Sam will be an asset eventually to the SS brand.

Regards
Bozzy

Offline ademapearl

• Member Karma = +4/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 1 - 2016 »
And many more questions I would like to ask young Sam............

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 3 - 2016 »
Marketing & SS don't normally go hand in hand,but things have changed over the last few years. With a website and a e-commerce site,selling some merchandise & the bottled SS beers.

Would be interesting to talk to young Sam and see where and what SS are going to be doing in the future.  :-x

Not sure if this will ever happen.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline under250

• Member Karma = +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 13 - 2016 »
Whats the price of SS bitters in a free house pub and social club ?