Author Topic: Sam's Beers at Real Ale Festivals  (Read 902 times)  Share 

Offline mjellis77

• Member Karma = +1/-0
  • 96 Sam's Pubs Visited (and counting...)
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Sam's Beers at Real Ale Festivals
« on: Nov 23 - 2016 »
I am visiting a CAMRA Real Ale Festival next week in East London. I tend to visit about 3 or 4 festivals a year (all in London) and I'm always delighted that all of them feature ales from Yorkshire. Unfortunately I've never found any Sam Smith's ales on view - I suppose its their policy not to showcase themselves at festivals? Has anybody ever discovered any of their ales at a festival before?

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +32/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Sam's Beers at Real Ale Festivals
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24 - 2016 »
A few years ago after a trip round the brewery Wakefield CAMRA tried to get a barrel for their beer festival this was the response.However years ago it was not uncommon to see OBB at festivals as this old ad for the 1st Peterlee festival shows.

Offline mjellis77

• Member Karma = +1/-0
  • 96 Sam's Pubs Visited (and counting...)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24 - 2016 »
Thanks Bitterboy! I guess we probably won't be seeing many Smiths at festivals in the future. Wow! what an amazing festival Peterlee would have been - so many quality bitters and one of my favourites - the old Vaux Brewery!

Offline under250

• Member Karma = +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 5 - 2016 »
Thanks Bitterboy! I guess we probably won't be seeing many Smiths at festivals in the future. Wow! what an amazing festival Peterlee would have been - so many quality bitters and one of my favourites - the old Vaux Brewery!

True loved the old Vaux Brewery alongside Scottish and Newcastle as get sick of all these newer Microbrewery's and Craft Beer set ups.

Offline jackrussel

• Member Karma = +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23 - 2016 »
I'm fed up of micros too- sure they have their place and we are better off with them than without. BUT finding a beer I like, from a micro, is not like finding one from one of the big boys, with it's more widespread distribution. Many times down the years have I travelled and wanted a pint, in a desert of beer, to sse a sign, like some of those mentioned, )DDarleys and wards of note, also Marstons before they got nobbled by Whitbread and Banks et al), now it is hard graft, especially as Humph won't put up branded signage. Awkward and unhelpful soul!
SSOBT. My ultimate favourite brewer. Please look after me, you may need me someday.   Imperial-->:DKB <-- Stout!