Author Topic: RE: Tadcaster Documentary, Contributors Wanted  (Read 1624 times)  Share 

Offline GeorgeB

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Media
Hi all,
I am an independent filmmaker currently producing a documentary about the town of Tadcaster, including the story of the recent bridge collapse, and last year's 'Battle for Tadcaster Bridge'.
I would really benefit by speaking to an employee of Samuel Smith's Brewery (or former employee!), who would be able to tell me more about the brewery's history, and the brewery's influence over the town.
If you have anything to say, please get in touch!
Many thanks,
George

Offline nobody

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Curious Visitor
Re: RE: Tadcaster Documentary, Contributors Wanted
« Reply #1 on: Feb 1 - 2017 »
I would urge anybody who is thinking about talking to any media person to think twice.  I've had a couple of dealings with reporters and regretted it.   Only last year against my better judgement I gave an interview to the BBC and regretted it after the article was published.

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +26/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
« Reply #2 on: Feb 2 - 2017 »
Not sure that many members would willingly give up their secrecy for a public interview or statement,outside of what they have written on here. The press and the like misread what people say and write, as nobody has already said.

The BBC the other year made a documentary about the brewery and that only had the ex managers of Sam's on and Cllr Metcalfe i think.

The information and links on this forum will help with the history and companies involved,depending on what information you require for your film.

Many thanks OBD
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline Santillas.

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12 - 2017 »
There is not really much more to know other than what you can find out for yourself through this site or press releases.
The man himself has no influence on the people in Tadcaster whatsoever, land or law. People do however obsess over him because of his eccentric nature and strange actions relating to his small brewery and pub network.
The majority of tadcaster people have jobs / careers outside of Tadcaster - (Leeds - York ect) and have no affiliation or connection to the brerwery other than a chance visit to a sams pub.
I think people find his character fascinating and some enjoy spinning yarns about him and the brewery. He means the same as joe blogs to me, I couldn't care less.

The guys is not god, nor does he own Tadcaster like some people make out. He owns a few shops, pubs and some agricultural land.

Offline centurion

• Member Karma = +8/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 27 - 2017 »
There is not really much more to know other than what you can find out for yourself through this site or press releases.
The man himself has no influence on the people in Tadcaster whatsoever, land or law. People do however obsess over him because of his eccentric nature and strange actions relating to his small brewery and pub network.
The majority of tadcaster people have jobs / careers outside of Tadcaster - (Leeds - York ect) and have no affiliation or connection to the brerwery other than a chance visit to a sams pub.
I think people find his character fascinating and some enjoy spinning yarns about him and the brewery. He means the same as joe blogs to me, I couldn't care less.

The guys is not god, nor does he own Tadcaster like some people make out. He owns a few shops, pubs and some agricultural land.

Hear, hear. As long as he doesn't put his prices up!!!! Improves the crisps, listens to other point of view. stocks fosters and walkers and.........

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +26/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Mar 2 - 2017 »

How very true.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline jackrussel

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar 5 - 2017 »
Centurion.....
Fosters and Walkers?
Why?
(Wetherspoons!)
SSOBT. My ultimate favourite brewer. Please look after me, you may need me someday.   Imperial-->:DKB <-- Stout!

Offline centurion

• Member Karma = +8/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 6 - 2017 »
Centurion.....
Fosters and Walkers?
Why?
(Wetherspoons!)

Sorry 'Jack', just a tongue in cheek query, to his nibs. When asked for his contribution to the planned documentary. http://samsmiths.info/forum/Smileys/animated/smiley-excited002.gif