Author Topic: Posting New Pubs -Help!  (Read 912 times)  Share 

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Posting New Pubs -Help!
« on: Mar 9 - 2017 »
I want to add a couple of new pubs to the Pub's List but it says please observe the first post instructions - where do I find them anybody? :WF

Offline Arfur Mild

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Posting New Pubs -Help!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 9 - 2017 »
Apparently it's on page 4 of New Pubs.
I looked for it on Help, couldn't find it so posted anyway so my post doesn't conform to standards.  Shouldn't it be 1st post on that list?

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 9 - 2017 »
Tried posting news and pics of Riverway but nowt has appeared! Does the bold font for the title appear automatically?

Offline Arfur Mild

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 9 - 2017 »
I think the bold font denotes that the Topic is 'Pinned', hence not being able to find the instructions to post as that is on 4th page of pinned topics!

I've added the Riverway, Nottingham with a link to its WhatPub page (where there is a photo).

Good luck!

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 9 - 2017 »
Well, just had another go, posted text and pics, disappeared again! Will try again on this post. Have also got pics of another recent opener and Stanton Arms.

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Mar 9 - 2017 »
4 pics - lounge and bar/ games room.

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar 9 - 2017 »
I give up, ive got pics of interior and exterior, have to get the wife on it, beats me.
Anyway, Humph has landed on his feet again.
Although it is The Meadows, personally, I would not describe it as slums.
However, the council want it cleared.
So the gentrification further up London Road can come in. Sold! to the highest bidder.
Probably already sorted. Located pub 2 years ago but lost pics.
Spoke to locals, they are boarding places up, moving people out, many against their will, by hook or crook.
THEY won't be living in the area again. So lots of lovely big fat Council Tax to come.
So Humph will be sat on a rapidly appreciating asset. And initially, the only pub!
The pub has been busy since it opened. Manager and his partner friendly.
New to S.S and pub trade. He is former lift engineer.
On way in, room to right is lounge with red carpet. Left is bar / games room.
Corridor down back with access to rear car park and toilets.
Anyone wanting to visit, it's a sod to get to / find.
Drive down London Road and turn right if coming from centre, follow road round until you get on Meadows Way, parallel to London Road. Look for St.Saviour's Gardens on your right, turn in and you come to car park at rear.
Keep an eye out for the spire to guide you in, pub is next to Church.
Satnav / postcode is utter waste of time - even Manager said it!
Meadows is confusing road layout with lots of blockages / dead ends.

Offline Arfur Mild

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Mar 10 - 2017 »
I can see your 4 internal pics fine.

"Although it is The Meadows, personally, I would not describe it as slums."
You should've seen the state of Arkwright Walk, where the pub is, before demolition.

"However, the council want it cleared.
So the gentrification further up London Road can come in. Sold! to the highest bidder."
gentrification further up London Road?
The new properties will be a mix of Council, Housing Association & Private (like now), so not quite "Sold! to the highest bidder."

"So Humph will be sat on a rapidly appreciating asset. And initially, the only pub!"
I very much doubt that.  For the last few years of its Oakwell life only the bar/games room was open, with kids running amok most times I went in whilst adults watched daytime tv on a large screen.  The front door was locked at all times, entry via buzzer & video link.  That gives an indication as to what the area was like.
Also it isn't the only pub in the area.  A 100 yards towards town is the Poets Corner.  A 100 yards in the other direction is the Embankment.  A few yards further on is the The Riverbank Bar & Kitchen, well was as it closed suddenly in January.  The other side of London road has the Trent Navigation with the Navigation brewery behind it.  Can't comment on the Poets but the others are rarely busy these days apart from Saturday football crowd / Test Matches and the odd Friday night.  So, the current locals don't seem to be pub-goers.  Maybe S.S prices might entice a few more out, however Oakwell prices were similar so I wouldn't bet on it.

"The pub has been busy since it opened. Manager and his partner friendly."
One other customer when we went in late on Sunday evening, though I'm not saying that it wasn't busy earlier or on the Saturday.  It'll be interesting to see how it's doing in a few weeks time.  Yes, they are very friendly and I do wish them well.

"New to S.S and pub trade."
Seems to be preferred by S.S according to their website.  Now, why wouldn't they want experienced couples?  Why can't either have a job away from the pub?  Ok, those questions are off-topic.

"Anyone wanting to visit, it's a sod to get to / find."
If not driving... it's a 10 minute walk from Midland Railway station, "straight down", i.e. via the pedestrianised Arkwright Walk.  Not that I'd recommend doing it in the dark.  Any bus, apart from no.11, going over Trent Bridge, alighting at Ryehill St, and walk back towards said St. Saviours.

"Meadows is confusing road layout with lots of blockages / dead ends."
Ha!  Slightly better than it was, now that some of the buses-only restrictions have been lifted.  City Council hates car usage with a vengeance.  Be wary of parking on the road as there is little free parking and one has to pay at a parking meter via mobile phone.
It wasn't only the road layout that was confusing, the pedestrian area was a veritable rat-warren of alley-ways much loved by muggers & bike-riding drug dealers.
Not that all locals are/were vermin, some very nice, warm-hearted, people still live in the area, and some even allow me to be their friend.

Finally...
Judging by the adverts on Gumtree, S.S have been trying to re-open the pub for some time.
https://www.gumtree.com/p/bar-jobs/the-riverway-arkwright-walk-meadows-nottingham-ng2-2ju.-pub-management-couple-required/1111862639

before this met with a successful applicant
https://www.gumtree.com/p/bar-jobs/the-riverway-arkwright-walk-meadows-nottingham.-live-in-joint-management-couple-required/1133833095

Offline jackrussel

• Member Karma = +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19 - 2017 »
I am seeing something resembling a corporate image with the decor............
colours, carpets and upholstery.
As seen in others SS pubs of late.YIKES!
Also, what a soulless looking bar with no handpumps. Like a 60's-70's workies club with nowt but chemic from Bass, Whitbread or similar.
SSOBT. My ultimate favourite brewer. Please look after me, you may need me someday.   Imperial-->:DKB <-- Stout!