Author Topic: Sun Inn, Long Marston  (Read 1259 times)  Share 

Offline Bar Prop

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Sun Inn, Long Marston
« on: Mar 23 - 2017 »
Grumpy Humphrey spotted in the Sun on Tuesday discussing the refurb due in April; re-decorate, new carpets & furnishing, new windows. Probably shut for 4 weeks.

Offline Tadcaster resident

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Sun Inn, Long Marston
« Reply #1 on: Apr 6 - 2017 »
Was passing last Sunday so popped in for a quick pint. First time I'd been in in years and nothing has changed. Certainly in need of the refurb. Sat at a table in the window with a lovely long and winding snail trail on the carpet. A couple of locals sat near the bar and a couple of screaming kids running about. Was not at all welcoming so lets hope the refurb (if it happens) does the trick. As I left a couple of mature motor cyclist couples went in but came out immediately shaking their heads.

Offline Bar Prop

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 25 - 2017 »
Callum, the old manager (nice chap) moved out over the weekend, contractors in on Monday morning - loads of ripped out wood in the car park by Monday eve. Going ahead with gusto!
BTW, best of luck Callum.

Offline Bar Prop

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 28 - 2017 »
Scaffolding now up. Appears to be a top to bottom job.

Offline Bar Prop

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 8 - 2017 »
New windows in ..

Offline jackrussel

• Member Karma = +3/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
« Reply #5 on: May 19 - 2017 »
They aren't shy of spending a bob or two,,,see my post re. Whipping Stocks. Very positive, I feel.  :DKB <-- Imp!
SSOBT. My ultimate favourite brewer. Please look after me, you may need me someday.   Imperial-->:DKB <-- Stout!

Offline Bar Prop

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23 - 2017 »
Work still going on, carpark wall being rebuilt. Main contractor for inside appears to be Wiljon based in Sheffield. Peering through the windows, the basic layout and bar look unchanged. Advert for live-in management couple in the windows.
« Last Edit: May 25 - 2017 by Bar Prop »

Offline Bar Prop

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25 - 2017 »
Latest update - scaffolding now gone, picture to follow tomorrow. A-board outside the pub says 'Pop-up Pub - Village Hall - 6-11pm.

Offline Bar Prop

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26 - 2017 »
Sun Inn this morning in the sun.
« Last Edit: Jun 22 - 2017 by Bar Prop »

Offline Bar Prop

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30 - 2017 »
OK, so the work now appears completed - no contractors on site. The outside has been fully re-painted - white with black footings, off white woodwork and rainwater goods, new lantern lights, the wall by the car-park completely rebuilt, outbuildings repaired and tidied up. New garden furniture not yet in place but stacked under shelter. Looking through the windows, the basic layout has been kept with a small semi-open room on one side of the bar area and a large one on the other side. Can't see into the tap-room or toilets. Decoration is brown leather & tartan covering for the seats and new sofas, some low and some high (stand-up height) tables. Loads of filament light-bulb fittings, both ceiling mounted and in the windows, new wall-hangings (but the ones about the Battle of Marston Moor look to have been kept). Silly shelf up at just below ceiling height with old cups, saucers, tea-pots and Toby mugs is gone. Carpets difficult to see - no lights on - but seemed neutral, not the usual highly patterned SS stuff. The bar itself is unmoved and looks to have just been tidied up.
Still advertising for a live-in management couple so not open yet, notice for a pop-up pub at the Village Hall continues to be prominently displayed on an A-board by the roadside.
Will post again when it's open (the Sun, not the pop-up)!