Author Topic: Paying by card.  (Read 452 times)  Share 

Offline joeh917

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
Paying by card.
« on: Apr 10 - 2017 »
I know Sam Smiths pubs like to remain as they are with little change from the old days but does that go as far as not accepting debit cards to pay for your drink, I have not tried to yet and have only payed with cash.

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +13/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: Paying by card.
« Reply #1 on: Apr 10 - 2017 »
I know Sam Smiths pubs like to remain as they are with little change from the old days but does that go as far as not accepting debit cards to pay for your drink, I have not tried to yet and have only payed with cash.

Most don't but I think some do in London, but I could be wrong. Cards only adds to the cost so pay by cash, the traditional way.

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 10 - 2017 »

Most don't but I think some do in London, but I could be wrong. Cards only adds to the cost so pay by cash, the traditional way.

I can't imagine Hump being happy at the prospect of paying the usual percentage transaction charge. I'd imagine the hotels take card payment though.

Offline ademapearl

• Member Karma = +4/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 11 - 2017 »
The Admiral Hawke in Boston Spa since its refurb  is taking cards for food. A little note on the menu says that 1.58% is added to bills, presumably the charge that the bank makes. Some other food led pubs may now be doing the same.

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +31/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
« Reply #4 on: Apr 18 - 2017 »
A few of the pubs I go in have card machines,one has a contactless,swipe and drink,way too easy!.