Author Topic: Inspector Morse & SS Bottled Beers  (Read 447 times)  Share 

Offline cjbertram

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Curious Visitor
Inspector Morse & SS Bottled Beers
« on: Apr 13 - 2017 »
I've been enjoying re-watching my DVD set of Inspector Morse episodes recently.  Now, when Morse isn't out and about drinking pints in pubs (probably Morrell's, Morlands, Courage etc given the locale), he's usually seen at home with a bottle, and that's very often Sam Smith's Old Brewery Strong Pale Ale.  The label is similar to the pump clip for OBB, with a black background, and I remember seeing it in off licences way back when, along with Old Brewery Strong Brown ale.

Neither of these seem to be part of the current bottled range, so when were they phased out, and what are the current equivalents?

Offline discjockey

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: Inspector Morse & SS Bottled Beers
« Reply #1 on: Apr 14 - 2017 »
I must admit admit I miss the Strong Pale Ale and Strong Brown varieties, the India and Pale Ale are palatable but in my opinion not in the same league  --  all down to individual tastes.

Offline joeh917

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 15 - 2017 »
Back in the seventies we used to go in the Crows Nest on a Sunday lunch time and have bottled beer called Green Label, what happened to that. Their used to be about five or six of us and we would all go home pissed after drinking about 4 bottles each, well at least I did anyway.

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +33/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
« Reply #3 on: Apr 16 - 2017 »
Not heard of green label would it have been one of these?,9.3% rocket fuel!.