Author Topic: Anerley Arms  (Read 340 times)  Share 

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Anerley Arms
« on: Apr 17 - 2017 »
In London, took the opportunity Sunday before last to 'tick off' the last London pub yet to visit, the furthest out and most southerly.
Ended up having their roast, Gordon Bennet what a mountain of food, fantastic value for 7.95. 4 thick ( an I mean thick ) slices of beef, 2 Yorkshires, mash, 2 roast taters, carrots, beans, sliced beans. Could not eat it all. So much for standard menu.
Dab in soon as the managers are on the move on 2nd May to another London pub - they could not           ( would not ) say which. Someone from further out taking over The Anerley.
According to her, Anerley was acquired in 1978, and the first of the Sam's London pubs.
Funnily enough, the Manager of The White Hart in Mansfield told me when they first re-opened it, that Humph had promised him the first London pub to become vacant. Wonder if he'll complain to H as he has been lied to.

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Anerley Arms
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17 - 2017 »
And she was very supportive of H, saying he is often misunderstood and misrepresented, lied about, and that a lot of untruths put about re the Tadcaster Bridge.

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 17 - 2017 »
And interestingly, O.B. is 2.70 a pint, cheapest Sam's beer in the metropolis. Only drawback being the cost of getting there from central London! At least it's close to the tube.

Offline nobody

• Member Karma = +6/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Curious Visitor
« Reply #3 on: Apr 17 - 2017 »
Hi TR6KID,    I don't think the underground goes to Anerley but the Overground does. I will stand corrected if I'm wrong.   Re Taddy bridge some on here didn't believe all the anti Smith's stuff in the press and said so on here.

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 17 - 2017 »
Yes, it is the overground, I use the tube so much when I visit I think of it as all the same.

Offline nobody

• Member Karma = +6/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Curious Visitor
« Reply #5 on: Apr 17 - 2017 »
Easy mistake to make, with the Underground running overground in places and the Overground running underground in places and you can use both with the same ticket.   Some times after a few pints I don't know if I'm coming or going. :D