Author Topic: Swearing Policy - not being enforced!!  (Read 762 times)  Share 

Offline Submitted Anonymously?

• Submitted by a non-member of this website.
  • Administrator
  • Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
    • SamSmiths.info

I visited the Boot Inn, in Chester yesterday, 05/06/17. It has a no swearing policy which is why I chose to visit. The policy is not being enforced at all. People were swearing like troopers and this was a constantly not just occasionally. I drank up and left in disgust. Heaven knows what tourists think when they visit this historic pub and are subjected to a tirade of foul language.

I would have addressed the company directly to express my concerns but I have had no success finding an email address on their websites.

DWL

===========================
Name and contact details supplied.
The above message has been submitted by a non-member of this community, and may have been submitted anonymously - through our contact section. It is possible that the submitter may wish to conceal their identity, to avoid any persecution by the brewery, it's staff or agents. NOTE: The post does not necessarily come from the same person.  If not submitted anonymously, a name may be included.

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +9/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Swearing Policy - not being enforced!!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 7 - 2017 »
As they say on their website... 'All enquiries by good old-fashioned post or telephone'.

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +15/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: Swearing Policy - not being enforced!!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 8 - 2017 »

I visited the Boot Inn, in Chester yesterday, 05/06/17. It has a no swearing policy which is why I chose to visit. The policy is not being enforced at all. People were swearing like troopers and this was a constantly not just occasionally. I drank up and left in disgust. Heaven knows what tourists think when they visit this historic pub and are subjected to a tirade of foul language.

I would have addressed the company directly to express my concerns but I have had no success finding an email address on their websites.

DWL

===========================
Name and contact details supplied.

As On the drink says! Hand written letter has the most chance of getting a response.