Author Topic: Swearing landlady - Yewtree  (Read 2475 times)  Share 

Offline Submitted Anonymously?

• Submitted by a non-member of this website.
  • Administrator
  • Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
    • SamSmiths.info
Swearing landlady - Yewtree
« on: Jun 10 - 2017 »
 I HAVE BEEN GOING INTO THE YEWTREE PUB FOR A FEW YEARS NOW WITH MY WIFE BUT NOT ANYMORE ,SINCE THE NEW LANDLADY HAS TAKEN OVER 2 WEEKS AGO IT HAS GONE DOWNHILL,SHE IS DRINKING AND USEING FOWL LANGUAGE ALL NIGHT LONG AND I FIND IT VERY OFFENSIVE.TO SAY THERE IS A NO SWEARING POLICY IN SAM SMITHS PUBS IS A JOKE WHEN HARVEY CAN PUT SOME ONE SO LOUD AND OFFENSIVE IN AS LANDLADY

-----------------------------------
Ref. 100617-1649
The above message has been submitted by a non-member of this community, and may have been submitted anonymously - through our contact section. It is possible that the submitter may wish to conceal their identity, to avoid any persecution by the brewery, it's staff or agents. NOTE: The post does not necessarily come from the same person.  If not submitted anonymously, a name may be included.

Offline dagenhamlad

• Member Karma = +2/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: Swearing landlady - Yewtree
« Reply #1 on: Aug 2 - 2017 »
Harvey is getting out of control.

What type of fowl language is she using? Cock? I thought they normally hired couples to manage the pubs but it sounds like they've put all their eggs in one basket with her.

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +15/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 2 - 2017 »
Harvey? Who the ****'s Harvey?

Offline durhamlad

• Member Karma = +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 2 - 2017 »
I sympathise with you, it's not eggsactly what you want to experience when trying to have 'swift' one.

Offline Chutney

• Member Karma = +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 3 - 2017 »
ECBD  You know Harvey he lives next door to Alice He's a show jumper well known for sticking his two fingers up in public, never in a SS pub though.

• Member Karma = +15/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Aug 3 - 2017 »
ECBD  You know Harvey he lives next door to Alice He's a show jumper well known for sticking his two fingers up in public, never in a SS pub though.

;)

Offline dagenhamlad

• Member Karma = +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Aug 3 - 2017 »
If I'm ever in the yewtree and she starts with the bad language I'll probably leaf in disgust.

Offline Chutney

• Member Karma = +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Aug 3 - 2017 »
Why get angry or upset say put count the number of profanities and there type then send details to Humphrey in a nice hand written letter. If he is throwing good paying customers out for bad language he will have no hesitation throwing payed employees out.

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Aug 15 - 2017 »
Please stop egging people on with this silliness, I don't want anyone walking on eggshells, but really, let's be adult, you'll only end up with egg on your faces, and how can anyone see Harvey anyway, he's invisible.

Offline Clashman

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #9 on: Aug 18 - 2017 »
Stopping swearing in pubs is impossible ,it's like stopping 99's in ice cream cones it ain't going to happen
most people don't swear abusively but when someone disowns the common language that is inoffensive
to most people today you have to think we have taken a step backwards..swearing is a useful tool when
used correctly and it isn't rife and it was rarely a problem in any Samuel Smith pub before the ban began
i.m.h.o. B.W.G.A F. :()

Offline Bozzy

• Member Karma = +0/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Curious Visitor
« Reply #10 on: Aug 18 - 2017 »
I know a landlord that owns/runs his own pub.

He has a strict no swearing policy, to the extent that a well known 60's singer came into his establishment and was swearing a lot.

The landlord took his glass off him, poured it down the sink and gave him his money back, and ordered him out of the pub.

The well known 60's "pop star" then tried the "do you know who I am", the landlord reply was, I do not care who you are, but you are now bared from using that language so go away and never come back.

I do get that well timed swearing has comedy value, but agree with this landlords policy.

I personally get sick and tired with chavs swearing in public places like this. So I actually support the Sam Smiths swearing policy.

To be clear, the example I am using above is a private owned pub, and has a serious roaring trade, so a no swearing policy works.

Offline Melanie Starkey

• Member Karma = +17/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Aug 19 - 2017 »
Totally agree, was in a SS pub this afternoon and was disappointed the bar staff didn't do anything when faced with a customer who was a) having a conversation which starts it's me not you, b) drunk and c) started to get vocal with innocent customers.  Thankfully as this is large pub with plenty of rooms I was able to move.   Other customers on reading the no swearing policy couldn't understand why SS have it when they don't cater for the child market.  To me we know the rules, we have choices and if you want to swear go elsewhere....

Offline dagenhamlad

• Member Karma = +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Aug 22 - 2017 »
Personally, I find it helps to go outside for a swear break.

After a couple of pints speaking the Queen's English, I tend to just step outside for a minute or two and let off a volley of expletives. I try not to do it in the doorway, as I wouldn't want customers entering or leaving the establishment to be subjected to my second-hand blue air.

Once this has been dealt with, I am refreshed and relaxed, ready to enjoy my next pint of Extra Stout.

• Member Karma = +15/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Aug 22 - 2017 »
 :()

Offline Chutney

• Member Karma = +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Aug 23 - 2017 »
Let's go the whole way. If you want to have a smoke or swear you have to stand out side why not add drink to the list! Then we can all sit around the fire in Humphrey's pub in total silence with the occasinal russle of a bag of plain cheese and onion chrisp to amuse us.