Author Topic: Swearing landlady - Yewtree  (Read 2495 times)  Share 

Offline minsterman

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: Swearing landlady - Yewtree
« Reply #15 on: Aug 23 - 2017 »
Can I assume then Chutney, that you are one of those individuals who are unable to have a conversation without the use of swear words?

?S?
These are sad times :(

Offline Chutney

• Member Karma = +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Aug 28 - 2017 »
No not at all, it's just rules. There seems to be nothing but rules and little jobs worths saying you cat not do that it;s against the rules. The do gooders make up the rules and tell you it's for your own good like putting high tax on fags and fuel saying it's good for your health and well being, speed cameras every two miles it's for your saftey. I was brought up in a time with far less rules and more freedom and the generation managed to servive ok.  I belive the Bar of a pub is the place for bad language and work clothes the lounge should be for clean clothes and clean language, you pays your money and takes your choice.

Offline djgary

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sep 27 - 2017 »
The swearing ban really did make my howl with laughter  :() when I saw the signs in the Jolly Miller Harpurhey (Closed at present)

The customers were swearing left right and centre when we were in and no one was telling them not too...

Its another ill thought through rule by Humphrey who doesn't understand how some of his inner city pubs operate...

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +26/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Sep 27 - 2017 »
The swearing ban really did make my howl with laughter  :() when I saw the signs in the Jolly Miller Harpurhey (Closed at present)

The customers were swearing left right and centre when we were in and no one was telling them not too...

Its another ill thought through rule by Humphrey who doesn't understand how some of his inner city pubs operate...

I know several SS pubs that have seen a decline in customers,after the swearing ban. My local now has 6 customers bared. The manager at the Angel In Leeds stood up to Humphrey over the ban and he walked off satisfied. He would lose a room full of regulars and the takings would be down. Been in other SS pubs and language has improved
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB