Author Topic: Bad Language  (Read 357 times)  Share 

Offline discjockey

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Bad Language
« on: Jun 27 - 2017 »
Having browsed through the Daily Express website 27th June I noticed an article about a pub having been closed for three days  by the landlord due to bad language by customers. The pub in question was the Arlington in Loftus - owned by SS I do believe. Needless to say I wonder if HS had made a selected visit or whether the landlord took it upon himself to make the closure decision. It would be interesting to hear from any of the pub regulars what their opinion on the matter was? Or indeed how other landlords / managers feel about taking these tough lines of action

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: Bad Language
« Reply #1 on: Jun 27 - 2017 »
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/821585/Pub-landlord-closes-Samuel-Smith-pub-drinkers-bad-language

Here is the link for the article. This swearing policy is not going well in so many SS pubs around the country at the moment.Some cases it has made the problem worse than it was before the notices were put up.

I know Humphrey was in one SS pub the other week and he noticed that the swearing policy notice was not appended to the wall. There was a relief manager there at the time,so see if Humphrey returns when the managers are back.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB