Author Topic: Ban on motorcyclists Royal Oak Ulley  (Read 3102 times)  Share 

Offline Bozzy

• Member Karma = +0/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Curious Visitor
Re: Ban on motorcyclists Royal Oak Ulley
« Reply #15 on: Jul 8 - 2017 »
Oops, forgot. Humph is definitely banned, he has a chauffer at the moment.

When was he banned? I saw him driving less than a year ago in Tadcaster.

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +8/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
« Reply #16 on: Jul 9 - 2017 »
Don't know exactly, in past few months I believe. I'll try and find out. And how many times now!

Offline bunnysue

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jul 9 - 2017 »
We already do that. We make a point of wearing a bike t shirt and leather waistcoat with patches on. We get served !! Need a few others to come up and do the same.

Offline nobody

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Jul 12 - 2017 »
It's just been on BBC Looknorth at 8-25am,    I'm guessing it will be also on the Lunchtime and Teatime news.

Offline Bozzy

• Member Karma = +0/-1
    • View Profile

Offline bunnysue

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Jul 12 - 2017 »
The horrible little man just came into the Royal Oak and I very politely asked him why he had barred motorcycles, and after a lot of avoidance tactics, rudeness and arrogance from him, he barred me and my husband. My husband has been drinking there for 30 years, as its the only pub in our village and the horrid little man claims its the villagers that don't like the bikes!! We are part of the village as well as motorcyclists

Offline Bozzy

• Member Karma = +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Jul 14 - 2017 »
Very snobbish of a man who looks like a tramp, more reports below.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2017/july/samuel-smiths-brewery-ban-motorcyclists/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/village-pub-bans-bikers-after-10793299

Beggars belief that a man who doesn't like publicity seems to be a master of bad publicity. Surely this will result in more lost revenue than his dodgy 5% surplus gain.

:()

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +9/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Jul 14 - 2017 »
The horrible little man just came into the Royal Oak and I very politely asked him why he had barred motorcycles, and after a lot of avoidance tactics, rudeness and arrogance from him, he barred me and my husband. My husband has been drinking there for 30 years, as its the only pub in our village and the horrid little man claims its the villagers that don't like the bikes!! We are part of the village as well as motorcyclists

Poor social skills, lacking nonverbal communication, lack of empathy, and clumsy: Aspergerís Disorder personified. I've met and spoken to him a few times since the early 80's. He is what he is and I'm not sure how anyone could force change on what is probably the very last feudal company, let alone brewer, that could exist as it does without regulatory conflict. But, he's often in conflict, having decided that his rules trump employment legislation. It's not all bad though - he fought my local council tooth and nail to reopen a pub that was going to be demolished in the 90's.

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +15/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Jul 14 - 2017 »
It's quite simple. It's my train set so I'll do as I like.

Offline Bozzy

• Member Karma = +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Jul 14 - 2017 »
I am not a biker, but think his view that bikers as "Undesirables" is very too faced.

Wouldn't someone who dresses like a tramp and has recent convictions (as claimed) for drink driving be an "Undesirable"

Ban yourself Humph.

Think I'll give his establishments a miss for a while, hopefully he will give up and let his Son sort the company and ethos.

Offline nobody

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Jul 15 - 2017 »
Been in a Samuel Smith's pub today and asked if there was a ban on bikers.   The reply was no. So it looks like no blanket ban yet.

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Jul 20 - 2017 »
I am not claiming H is banned - he is, a fact. Apparently before last Christmas, and it's at least his third ban.

Offline Brawlins

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Jul 21 - 2017 »
The ban on motorcyclists allowed by Sam Smiths Brewery at their Royal OaK, Ulley, premises, as reported in National News last evening unfairly discriminates against a social group. Many motorcyclists may have been long term customers for many years without the pub management knowing unless they arrive at said pub on motorcycle.
I have informed the national organisation which campaigns (effectively) for Motorcyclist Rights and Interests and is widely respected by local government across the U.K. for its measured approach to working with local authorities to improve road conditions, attitudes and general treatment of this segment of society.
The Motorcycle Action Group, a founder group of the Federation of European Motorcyclists has over 50,000 (Fiifty Thousand) members who will boycott Sam Smiths Public Houses, Licensed Premises and all Sam Smiths Products across the United Kingdom until this unfair, unreasonable ban has been lifted.
Personally, as a customer of The Mill at Withington, a Sam Smiths Pub for over 35 years, I will cease to visit until this ban is lifted.