Author Topic: Daily Mail comment - re no-swearing policy  (Read 750 times)  Share 

Offline Submitted Anonymously?

• Submitted by a non-member of this website.
  • Administrator
  • Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
    • SamSmiths.info
I find it most frustrating that I cannot send the brewery an email unless it is for sales. Not very 21st Century?

It was just to pass on my comment of today on the Daily Mail website where it has an article on the supposed crackdown on swearing in it's pubs. This is long overdue imho and would like to copy my DM comment to offset my frustration as here -

"About time but we will see! I occasionally go in their traditional Red Lion pub in Colne, Lancashire from a nearby town for an excellent pint of brewed-in-slate-vat Old Brewery Bitter at a very reasonable 2! Trouble is, the language of many of the `regulars' is terrible, blaspheming, 'effing and blinding every other word. Even in front of a young female barmaid. This is despite a warning letter posted on the notice board. They may be afraid of loosing these people if anything is said but, with also serving NO food or having NO WiFi, they must be loosing new custom - especially the young. I would take no friends or family there and now hardly visit. The nearby 'Spoons are much stricter. I do hope they sort this out before trade falls off and eventually has to close as so many have."

Article is here -
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4656756/Pub-boss-bans-swearing-300-bar-empire.html

I hope that is in order. Thanks. M.F.

====================
Ref: 010717
The above message has been submitted by a non-member of this community, and may have been submitted anonymously - through our contact section. It is possible that the submitter may wish to conceal their identity, to avoid any persecution by the brewery, it's staff or agents. NOTE: The post does not necessarily come from the same person.  If not submitted anonymously, a name may be included.

Offline Melanie Starkey

• Member Karma = +17/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: Daily Mail comment - re no-swearing policy
« Reply #1 on: Jul 7 - 2017 »
When we visited recently there was no one in swearing and it was a very busy Saturday afternoon

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +8/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: Daily Mail comment - re no-swearing policy
« Reply #2 on: Jul 9 - 2017 »
Oooh, according to the article, Humph is a 'tycoon'!! Right.