Author Topic: Ban on Motorcyclists  (Read 342 times)  Share 

Offline Brawlins

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Ban on Motorcyclists
« on: Jul 21 - 2017 »
The ban on motorcyclists allowed by Sam Smiths Brewery at their Royal OaK, Ulley, premises, as reported in National News last evening unfairly discriminates against a social group. Many motorcyclists may have been long term customers for many years without the pub management knowing unless they arrive at said pub on motorcycle.
I have informed the national organisation which campaigns (effectively) for Motorcyclist Rights and Interests and is widely respected by local government across the U.K. for its measured approach to working with local authorities to improve road conditions, attitudes and general treatment of this segment of society.
The Motorcycle Action Group, a founder group of the Federation of European Motorcyclists has over 50,000 (Fiifty Thousand) members who will boycott Sam Smiths Public Houses, Licensed Premises and all Sam Smiths Products across the United Kingdom until this unfair, unreasonable ban has been lifted.
Personally, as a customer of The Mill at Withington, a Sam Smiths Pub for over 35 years, I will cease to visit until this ban is lifted.

Offline nobody

• Member Karma = +6/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Curious Visitor
Re: Ban on Motorcyclists
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21 - 2017 »
I wonder if the bikers boycott will last longer then the Gay's boycott about the John Snow or the Catholic's boycott about the Winsor Castle.   :()

Offline Chutney

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
« Reply #2 on: Jul 21 - 2017 »
I can only speak for me but as a motorcyclist of 37 years plus and someone who enjoys four pints seven days a week and a fan of Sam Smith's pub's and products have already turned my back on Sam Smiths until this issue is resolved. On a visit to York we bypassed all the Sam Smith's pub's and went to Wetherspoons. So that's money out of Sam Smith's pocket into Tim Martin's. I hope all other motorcyclists do the same, this type of discrimination went out in the seventy's.

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +14/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 21 - 2017 »
I can only speak for me but as a motorcyclist of 37 years plus and someone who enjoys four pints seven days a week and a fan of Sam Smith's pub's and products have already turned my back on Sam Smiths until this issue is resolved. On a visit to York we bypassed all the Sam Smith's pub's and went to Wetherspoons. So that's money out of Sam Smith's pocket into Tim Martin's. I hope all other motorcyclists do the same, this type of discrimination went out in the seventy's.

With all due respect to you - I doubt they will miss the money, turnover or whatever.

How do they know you use a bike if you park it round the corner, or if you decide to go in a car cos it's raining, can you go in? Or is it a clothing issue? I don't have a bike but I have a Belstaff jacket so would I be banned? Or if you are 95 years old and use a Honda 50 to get about on, are you still banned? Also, is this a nation wide ban?

So many questions - sorry

Anyways, who can blame you for voting with your feet?

Offline Chutney

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 21 - 2017 »
Like already said it's his train set and he can do what he wants with it. But it's our money and we can spend it when and were we want. Maybe Humphry should remind himself how his family made their fortune (selling beer to the tap room classes) I know lots of public houses how would welcome my 3K p/a hobby it only takes a few regulars to change pub to have a big effect on a pubs weekly takings. Most pub chains spend millions trying to attract customers in not hatching ways to discourage them. I hope this is resolved soon I'm already missing my bags of plain cheese & onion crisps.