Author Topic: Humphrey bans regulars  (Read 833 times)  Share 

Offline nobody

• Member Karma = +6/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Curious Visitor
Humphrey bans regulars
« on: Jul 21 - 2017 »
I heard about this a couple of weeks ago but did not post it because it's a little far fetched.   I've been told the same story in two Samuel Smith's pub that are 70 miles apart, so maybe there is some truth in it.

Humphrey walked into a pub and while talking to the manager in the bar he turned round and pointed at 3 groups of drinkers telling the manager not to serve them and to ban then from the pub.  The manager told Humphrey that the groups where his regulars, it made no difference and the manager had to ban them.

I'll leave it up to you whether  too believe it or not.

Offline joeh917

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
Re: Humphrey bans regulars
« Reply #1 on: Jul 23 - 2017 »
Cannot be true, why would he destroy his own buisness like that,it will just be a rumour put about by someone wanting to cause trouble.

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 24 - 2017 »
Cannot be true, why would he destroy his own buisness like that,it will just be a rumour put about by someone wanting to cause trouble.

Seriously?!  If he didn't want to destroy his own business then why would he hit the headlines by throwing customers out and sacking managers over a bit of swearing, or by banning bikers from a pub. Why would he remove signage from every pub and vehicle, why would he treat his staff like 19th-century mill workers? These are not rational actions, and there's plenty more.

Offline tricastlgs

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
« Reply #3 on: Jul 29 - 2017 »
Why would he want to ruin his business? Seriously, have you been in a coma for the last 13 years?
 He's an absolute cretin with no buisness sense, running his pubs with a dukensian attitude. Not caring for customers choices or the needs of employees.
 He's made so many backward decisions based on his own preferences and is clearly living in the dark ages.