Author Topic: Employment fairness - game changer?  (Read 461 times)  Share 

Offline minsterman

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Employment fairness - game changer?
« on: Jul 26 - 2017 »
"Breaking News..

Fees for those bringing employment tribunal cases to court are unlawful, the Supreme Court has ruled.

The court found that the fees, which were introduced in 2013, prevented access to justice for workers unable to fund their case."
- source: BBC

This could be a game changer - if any managers/staff, still believe they are being unfairly treated by the Samuel Smiths empire!

More here..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40727400
These are sad times :(

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Employment fairness - game changer?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 26 - 2017 »
"Breaking News..

Fees for those bringing employment tribunal cases to court are unlawful, the Supreme Court has ruled.

The court found that the fees, which were introduced in 2013, prevented access to justice for workers unable to fund their case."
- source: BBC

This could be a game changer - if any managers/staff, still believe they are being unfairly treated by the Samuel Smiths empire!

More here..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40727400

Interesting change in the law,hopefully this will give sacked employees more chance of getting redress. Hopefully Humphrey will be more careful about sacking managers and or staff in the future. I know a lot of managers are very stressed at the present of losing their jobs due to swearing in the pubs,after the bad publicity in the press. Still can't get over how many pubs have temporary reliefs in or are shut. Never seen the empire in such a mess.  :WF :WF :WF :-x
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline tricastlgs

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Employment fairness - game changer?
« Reply #2 on: Jul 29 - 2017 »
Never seen the empire in such a mess. Hardly surprising when Montgomery Burns is at the forefront of running it. Why people choose to give this cretin their hard earned money is beyond me.