Author Topic: 5%  (Read 410 times)  Share 

Offline mac33

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
5%
« on: Aug 3 - 2017 »
hate to bring up this old chestnut again, but i was in a sams house last night and was told by a member of staff that hump has told his managers that he wants 6% from now on not 5%, if this is right when will this man stop.anyone heard the same or is a staff member winding people up.

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +14/-1
    • View Profile
Re: 5%
« Reply #1 on: Aug 3 - 2017 »
Not heard of this!
I think 5% is about right, the width of a pencil.  I like a head on me pint.

Offline Chutney

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 4 - 2017 »
Wind them up buy two halfs instead of a pint if they give you a short measure. The thickness of a pencil on two halfs is less than that of a pint due to the smaller glass. Better still ask for two halfs and a empty pint glass, it might get you thrown out but hay lots of pubs out there willing to take your money off you.

Offline barfly

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 4 - 2017 »
Wind them up buy two halfs instead of a pint if they give you a short measure. The thickness of a pencil on two halfs is less than that of a pint due to the smaller glass. Better still ask for two halfs and a empty pint glass, it might get you thrown out but hay lots of pubs out there willing to take your money off you.
why wind the managers up they are only trying to keep humprey and the customers happy,and keep employed at the same time.if you want to upset humphrey stop spending your money in the pubs and leave the staff alone

Offline nobody

• Member Karma = +6/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Curious Visitor
« Reply #4 on: Aug 4 - 2017 »

I think Chutney got his maths a little wrong.  If you drink halves instead of pints because of the 5% you will lose out by around 4 cubic cm's per half.

That's if I've got my math's right  $$*