Author Topic: Tadcaster Flood Progress  (Read 1197 times)  Share 

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +26/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Tadcaster Flood Progress
« on: Aug 15 - 2017 »
Here is an article in the York Press today updating Tadcaster's resident's about the flood defenses.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/15473769.Progress_on_Tadcaster_s_flood_action_plan/

Been past today and looks like the diggers are still digging out the rubble & stone from the river. I wonder if H has applied forthe grants  :HJH
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline Melanie Starkey

• Member Karma = +17/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Tadcaster Flood Progress
« Reply #1 on: Aug 15 - 2017 »
Wish Humphrey would get the Britannia open again......

• Member Karma = +26/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 15 - 2017 »
Wish Humphrey would get the Britannia open again......

Has been shut a good while now,wonder if it will ever reopen. Due to either lack of managers or H doesn't care about the pub anymore due to the flooding. The Flacon has been shut a while now,and keep hearing that H is going to flatten it. He's been doing that for years now.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline Owen

• Member Karma = +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 16 - 2017 »
Hi all,

Haven't been to Taddy for a while, and didn't know that the Brit and the Falcon were closed.

Whatever happened to Sandra and her Hubby at the Falcon?

Offline Melanie Starkey

• Member Karma = +17/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 16 - 2017 »
Can only imagine why he wants to flatten the Falcon.  H already has ample land in Tadcaster doing nothing but gathering dust/falling to pieces. 

• Member Karma = +26/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Aug 16 - 2017 »
Hi all,

Haven't been to Taddy for a while, and didn't know that the Brit and the Falcon were closed.

Whatever happened to Sandra and her Hubby at the Falcon?

Britannia has been shut since the floods in 2015 i think.Falcon shut since the last relief left in June I think.

Malcolm & Sandra left the Falcon ages ago,Sandra started at the cafe,not seen her in Tadcaster lately.Malcolm was at the bookmakers.Not seen either for a while.

Humphrey has several pubs,buildings left derelict for many many years. 

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +37/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Aug 17 - 2017 »
This is a plan of samuel smiths proposed development in Tadcaster from before the flood,(yet to be granted permission),i suspect most if not all of the houses would also have been flooded!.

Offline Melanie Starkey

• Member Karma = +17/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Aug 18 - 2017 »
Think this is the plan Humphrey has had in the pipeline since I started going out with my husband (25 years in December since we met at the works xmas party).  Sainsbury's and some houses built on Wighill Lane alas the other houses badly needed in the area are yet to be built.  Probably would be at risk of flooding....

• Member Karma = +26/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Aug 31 - 2017 »
Interesting but likely to flood. I thought SS were building more houses than that on that plot of land a few years ago.

Here's an article in the York Press about the charity shop reopening in Tadcaster

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/15504140.Flood_hit_shop_finally_reopens_after_devastation___gallery_of_flood_pictures_from_2015/