Author Topic: Retirement  (Read 2075 times)  Share 

Offline sovsuppa

• Member Karma = +3/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Ex Sams Manager
Retirement
« on: Sep 13 - 2017 »
Was in a Sam's pub at the weekend and was told by the Landlord that Humph has lost his case against retirement and will have to retire now.  Does anyone know anything?

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +26/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: Retirement
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13 - 2017 »
Have heard similar that Oliver & young Samuel were taking court action against Humphrey to relinquish control of the empire. This has been mentioned in a few SS pubs over the last few weeks,not sure how true it is.Had a look at companies House & Duedil and Humphrey is still listed as a director.Obviously can't check on the trust funds that control the companies.

May have to wait a few weeks and see what comes out.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline nobody

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Curious Visitor
« Reply #2 on: Sep 13 - 2017 »
Didn't what to be the first to post on this, now I'll say what I've heard about it.   Yes Humphrey been told he can no longer be in charge and I believe he out within weeks.   But he told the board that instead he will take a job of an area manager.

Again I don't know how true this is.

• Member Karma = +26/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 13 - 2017 »
Didn't what to be the first to post on this, now I'll say what I've heard about it.   Yes Humphrey been told he can no longer be in charge and I believe he out within weeks.   But he told the board that instead he will take a job of an area manager.

Again I don't know how true this is.

I was the same and so left it for others members. Even if Humphrey stays as an area manager then he can ruin the empire whilst on the move. The SS rumor mill in full flow again.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline Syme84

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Sams Manager
« Reply #4 on: Sep 13 - 2017 »
Long time lurker , first time poster.

I've been looking for this thread for a few weeks now. The rumour seems to be snow balling but no one I have spoken to can confirm it. I have tried to probe a few people within SSOB for more gossip but keep hitting a brick wall. Some repeat the rumour whilst most have just said "We haven't been told anything official." And then changed the subject.

I hear that he has been ordered to wrap up his business and hand the company over by Oct 1st. By whom, I do not know. No confidence due to mental stability has been repeatedly reported as the reason. Add in the fact that Samuel has been seen getting more and more involved with the day to day running of the business, and his replacement as Area Manager for the South so he can work from Tadcaster, and you have the basis for a good rumour.

Of course, all this has been said before and I'll only believe it when it happens. It does make sense - but since when did anything that made sense actually happen in the world of Mr Smith?

• Member Karma = +26/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sep 13 - 2017 »

I've been looking for this thread for a few weeks now. The rumour seems to be snow balling but no one I have spoken to can confirm it. I have tried to probe a few people within SSOB for more gossip but keep hitting a brick wall. Some repeat the rumour whilst most have just said "We haven't been told anything official." And then changed the subject.

I hear that he has been ordered to wrap up his business and hand the company over by Oct 1st. By whom, I do not know. No confidence due to mental stability has been repeatedly reported as the reason. Add in the fact that Samuel has been seen getting more and more involved with the day to day running of the business, and his replacement as Area Manager for the South so he can work from Tadcaster, and you have the basis for a good rumour.

Of course, all this has been said before and I'll only believe it when it happens. It does make sense - but since when did anything that made sense actually happen in the world of Mr Smith?

I too have tried probing a few SS managers that have worked for Sam's for many years and even they don't know yes or no. Even one that speaks to Linda Stuart often too. I am assuming the new area manager for the south is still at the brewery,had a dodgy start apparently. So Sam has moved back to the brewery and trying to run the company with his uncle.

Yes your last comment is about right for SS  :() :() :() :() :()

Offline nobody

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sep 13 - 2017 »

I too have tried probing a few SS managers that have worked for Sam's for many years and even they don't know yes or no. Even one that speaks to Linda Stuart often too. I am assuming the new area manager for the south is still at the brewery,had a dodgy start apparently. So Sam has moved back to the brewery and trying to run the company with his uncle.

Yes your last comment is about right for SS  :() :() :() :() :()

"So Sam has moved back to the brewery and trying to run the company with his uncle. "

I posted this  http://samsmiths.info/forum/index.php/topic,36359.msg60535.html#msg60535  last year.

Offline Tadcaster resident

• Member Karma = +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sep 15 - 2017 »
I asked the question in my local last night and it was confirmed that Humphrey is retiring next month. We'll see, I can't see him completely handing over the reins. :DDDD:

Offline Bozzy

• Member Karma = +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sep 19 - 2017 »
No doubt, many will be hoping this is true...

But to put a slant on this subject, does anyone else feel OBB isn't what it used to be and tasting a bit bland recently?

Offline under250

• Member Karma = +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Sep 27 - 2017 »
No doubt, many will be hoping this is true...

But to put a slant on this subject, does anyone else feel OBB isn't what it used to be and tasting a bit bland recently?
I let you know as I pop in tonight for a couple.

• Member Karma = +26/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sep 27 - 2017 »
We can live in hope that Humphrey is retiring,but shall see what happens.

I agree the OBB has been inconsistent for the last 3 weeks at my local SS pub, but better at the next nearest one.

Offline under250

• Member Karma = +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sep 28 - 2017 »
The OBB I had on last night was spot on.

Offline Bozzy

• Member Karma = +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sep 28 - 2017 »
It may be because I have been going to other pubs and getting used to more expensive beer such as Black Sheep, London Pride and others that now makes OBB taste bland to me?

Maybe a gap here for Sams to fill with a new more fuller cask beer for 30p'ish more than OBB?

Offline under250

• Member Karma = +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sep 28 - 2017 »
That a good point having another 1 or 2 casks on with as you said a fuller pint for 2.30 and also a session Cask Mild for 1.80 but at 3.5% ?

Offline Syme84

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Sams Manager
« Reply #14 on: Oct 2 - 2017 »
Any further movement on this?