Author Topic: Three more mamagers hand in there notice  (Read 1443 times)  Share 

Offline nobody

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Curious Visitor
This week three more have handed in there notice,  been told that there is now 39 pubs wanting managers.

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +26/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: Three more mamagers hand in there notice
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21 - 2017 »
This week three more have handed in there notice,  been told that there is now 39 pubs wanting managers.

It doesn't surprise me that managers are leaving. I can also believe that there are 39 pubs wanting managers.

May I ask where the pubs are? Can pm if you like
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline nobody

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 21 - 2017 »
I don't think it's up to me to say on here yet.   I'll be surprise if two of our more active members don't know of at least one each.     I'll be popping into one at the weekend to say my goodbyes to one couple of manager's who leave in the coming weeks.  Will not be posting any more updates for at least six weeks because I will not be around to do so.

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 26 - 2017 »
Help! I can only hope this works - I cannot view any forum posts, when I click on a subject I get a header bar and a blank grey screen - can this be passed to admin please? I have just noticed I can see / read topic summary below, but that's it. Cheers!

• Member Karma = +26/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 27 - 2017 »
Heard that the Bay Horse managers are leaving this week, I think. Others are rumors at the moment.

The Greyhound @ Killinghall is still shut,as is the Red Lion at Bramham

The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline nobody

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sep 27 - 2017 »
Heard that there is 13 new couples being trained up this week.   With managers leaving every week that will not be enough to go around.   I've heard of five sets that are leaving this week alone.

• Member Karma = +26/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sep 27 - 2017 »
Heard that there is 13 new couples being trained up this week.   With managers leaving every week that will not be enough to go around.   I've heard of five sets that are leaving this week alone.

I guess that will fill a few vacancies around the empire,but a small drop in the ocean to the number of pubs shut.Some manages running more than one.

Offline OMR

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Oct 6 - 2017 »
The Old Mother Redcap at Bradway, Sheffield has been closed for 3 or 4 weeks with a notice in the door to recruit a managerial couple. A call to the mobile number given was answered by a well spoken, and probably elderly,  man who advised the relief manager left after running it for about 3 months after the last managerial couple left. As soon as he realised I wasn't interested he became brusque. If I had been interested I'd have been wary about going any further!