• View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Curious Visitor

Offline Melanie Starkey

• Member Karma = +17/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: More Bans
« Reply #1 on: Oct 2 - 2017 »
I understand what the council and police are trying to do but large groups can be responsible.  Often go out on works drinks outings.  It a shame the minority ruin it for everyone else.

Offline Bozzy

• Member Karma = +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Oct 3 - 2017 »
I sort of agree with the ban, but looking at Tripadvisor reviews, they are taking it too far, even a small group of elderly women were refused service.

Personally I don't visit that pub as they don't even serve hand pulled OBB.

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +15/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 3 - 2017 »
I sort of agree with the ban, but looking at Tripadvisor reviews, they are taking it too far, even a small group of elderly women were refused service.

Personally I don't visit that pub as they don't even serve hand pulled OBB.

No cask OBB is not unusual unfortunately. And he's even taking it out in some locations and replacing with the crappy keg version.

Offline Bozzy

• Member Karma = +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Oct 3 - 2017 »
Personally, it is the only SS pub I know that doesn't do hand pulled OBB, but I am not saying you are wrong.

You should really look at the trip advisor reviews, that place does get some stick!

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186346-d5565863-Reviews-Kings_Arms-York_North_Yorkshire_England.html

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +15/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Oct 4 - 2017 »
Personally, it is the only SS pub I know that doesn't do hand pulled OBB, but I am not saying you are wrong.

You should really look at the trip advisor reviews, that place does get some stick!

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186346-d5565863-Reviews-Kings_Arms-York_North_Yorkshire_England.html

At a guess, I'd say 50% don't have it. Especially in London.

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Oct 4 - 2017 »

At a guess, I'd say 50% don't have it. Especially in London.

London I agree with ECBD that it's probably 50%. Others that are keg are Harewood Hotel,Duncan & Elliott Leeds. Some in Bradfrod are as well.Buckles, others in Tadcaster & Sourrounding area to York. Brown Cow York,can't remembers otehrs in York. Shall think of others.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline centurion

• Member Karma = +8/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!

Offline centurion

• Member Karma = +8/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #8 on: Oct 14 - 2017 »

No cask cos cellar upstairs, cos it floods?

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Oct 14 - 2017 »

At a guess I'd say that around a quarter of the entire estate has no cask.  Out of the four Tyneside pubs, only one has cask.