Author Topic: The Tiger Inn - Location: Haxby  (Read 32528 times)  Share 

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +33/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: The Tiger Inn - Location: Haxby
« Reply #60 on: Jul 8 - 2014 »
Never took one but left with a few over the years!.

Offline samsdrinker

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Jul 8 - 2014 »
Do they have any bitter apart from John Smith's? That's all they had on the one occasion I ventured in there.
 Yes they often have guest beers
Tone

Offline canaldrifter

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Jul 8 - 2014 »
Can I ask a daft question? Why would you want to take a dog to the pub?  ???

It's the only reason I drink: because the dog wants to go to the pub.

Tone

Offline DarkieBoy

• Jet Tec ink cartridges - UK Ink Supplies
  • Global Moderator
  • Member Karma = +18/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: In the 'trade' - another company
« Reply #63 on: Jul 8 - 2014 »

Tone

A lame excuse if I ever saw one!

DB.

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +24/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Jul 8 - 2014 »

Tone

A lame excuse if I ever saw one!

DB.

Quite agree
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +33/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Jul 9 - 2014 »
Never been a dog owner (prefer cats)but don't have a problem with well behaved ones.When I lived in Scotland we had a elderly male cat that was from PDSA in Edinburgh called cosmic,it put its paw up when we went in,sold!.Cosmic latched on to me and would follow me everywhere even to work and ride in the car,He used to follow me up to the pub and came in with me,(no dogs allowed),if it was quiet he would sit on my lap at bar or curled up by the fire if busy.He got spoiled rotten with treats from locals and tourists alike who loved him,sign on the door said no dogs,cosmic couldnt read!.sadly gone now but wonder what Mr S would say if he came in and saw a cat on my lap in the bar!.

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +24/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Jul 9 - 2014 »
Never been a dog owner (prefer cats)but don't have a problem with well behaved ones.When I lived in Scotland we had a elderly male cat that was from PDSA in Edinburgh called cosmic,it put its paw up when we went in,sold!.Cosmic latched on to me and would follow me everywhere even to work and ride in the car,He used to follow me up to the pub and came in with me,(no dogs allowed),if it was quiet he would sit on my lap at bar or curled up by the fire if busy.He got spoiled rotten with treats from locals and tourists alike who loved him,sign on the door said no dogs,cosmic couldnt read!.sadly gone now but wonder what Mr S would say if he came in and saw a cat on my lap in the bar!.

Not heard any directive from the brewery ever (i think) banning cats from SSOB pubs. I know a few managers that have cats as pets and so come into the pub every so often. Use to know a management couple that had a pair of guinea pigs in the shed at the back. Wonder what Humphrey would make of them in his pub ?  :() I am sure Mr Smith likes cats as well as dogs.  ::T::
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +33/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Jul 9 - 2014 »
New memo in the post no doubt!!.

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +14/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Jul 9 - 2014 »

Nice story that!

I have nothing against dogs, or their owners but on hygine, and safety in this day and age where everyone wants to sue somebody.  A certain HS tripped over a dog and wasn't happy. I can't blame him really. Some dogs smell bad too.

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +33/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Jul 10 - 2014 »
A nice old picture,wonder what company policy would be on this,if its well behaved and on a lead and doesn't sit on the furniture its probably ok ?.

Offline delboy

• Member Karma = +0/-0
  • Nellies - Luvely Jubley
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Jul 10 - 2014 »
but wonder what Mr S would say if he came in and saw a cat on my lap in the bar!.

As long as it didn't have any previous experience, he would probably offer it a managers job!  :DDDD:

Offline centurion

• Member Karma = +8/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #71 on: Jul 10 - 2014 »
but wonder what Mr S would say if he came in and saw a cat on my lap in the bar!.

As long as it didn't have any previous experience, he would probably offer it a managers job!  :DDDD:

Saucer of milk anyone?? 0-)

Offline Lucy1234

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #72 on: Jul 11 - 2014 »
Yes, one of the barstaff, not the manager. I'd give the man's name but I don't want to prejudice against him, since he seems popular with the locals (even though he serves them short measures as well!)

Short measures in Samuel Smith's pubs is a contentious issue, based on my perception of postings on this forum.  Personally, I always ask for a top-up, denying Humphrey Smith his 5%.  I've paid my money and I want my pint.

I think that there is not so much issue when you are paying ?1.57 per pint of Old Brewery Bitter than when you are in pubs which charge ?2.50 or more per pint.

Also, you never see a short-measure of wine in any pubs in the UK!

DB.

but thats the problem! why do people complain about the pints when you only pay ?1.57 for it, i have been in green king pubs and fullers and they pour pints with at least 10% head and they never complain, it only seems to be in ss pubs that more people complain about the head size

Offline DarkieBoy

• Global Moderator
  • Member Karma = +18/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: In the 'trade' - another company
« Reply #73 on: Jul 11 - 2014 »
Yes, one of the barstaff, not the manager. I'd give the man's name but I don't want to prejudice against him, since he seems popular with the locals (even though he serves them short measures as well!)

Short measures in Samuel Smith's pubs is a contentious issue, based on my perception of postings on this forum.  Personally, I always ask for a top-up, denying Humphrey Smith his 5%.  I've paid my money and I want my pint.

I think that there is not so much issue when you are paying ?1.57 per pint of Old Brewery Bitter than when you are in pubs which charge ?2.50 or more per pint.

Also, you never see a short-measure of wine in any pubs in the UK!

DB.

but thats the problem! why do people complain about the pints when you only pay ?1.57 for it, i have been in green king pubs and fullers and they pour pints with at least 10% head and they never complain, it only seems to be in ss pubs that more people complain about the head size

The price is irrelevant.  The quantity is, as it is a legal obligation to be served a pint when you buy a pint.   Imagine, if you went to a petrol station and bought ten gallons but only got nine for the price.

DB.

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +14/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Jul 11 - 2014 »
Please, not again especially you DB!   ;D Though I do agree regarding the price.
Petrol doesn't have a head on it, and it's not relevant to beer. And there will be a discrepancy even with petrol, electricity, gas, water or whatever is measured.  Dispensed beers only has to be 95% liquid, end of, that's the industry guide line. There is no legal obligation to give anyone more.  :U