Author Topic: Tadcaster is looking so depressed  (Read 538 times)  Share 

Offline Melanie Starkey

• Member Karma = +17/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Tadcaster is looking so depressed
« on: Nov 5 - 2017 »
I was in Tadcaster today and thought how sad some the the Sam Smiths pubs and properties were looking.  The Fox and Hounds along with The Royal Oak need some of that fabulous TLC you have shown your pubs in Leeds, Boston Spa and London.  Parts of Tadcaster look like a archeological dig or something out of Dickensian times.  If you canít afford it all why not go into partnership with Selby District Council to bring some much needed housing to the area?  Whatever happened to the Falcon or White Swan?  I could go on but feel this is enough for you to be getting on with.  Tadcaster could be a beautiful town especially when you consider the limestone quarries surrounding the town.  Given the residents of Tadcaster what they deserve. 

Offline Bozzy

• Member Karma = +0/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Curious Visitor
Re: Tadcaster is looking so depressed
« Reply #1 on: Nov 6 - 2017 »
Humphrey going into a deal with Selby District Council?

No chance!!!!

His own house is a dump and needing work.

I agree with you though.

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +15/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 6 - 2017 »
True Hump  and NYCC hate each other passionately.

Offline Melanie Starkey

• Member Karma = +17/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 6 - 2017 »
Letís hope there is a change sometime soon otherwise Tadcaster will fall to pieces.  It definitely needs some attention if the Northern Powerhouse ever comes to pass.  It could be so beautiful with the river, closeness to York and Leeds, history of brewing and of course the mere fact it is in Yorkshire.

Offline Tadcaster resident

• Member Karma = +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 6 - 2017 »
Sorry but Tadcaster is fast becoming a dump. When we moved here in 1978 there were houses boarded up on Kirkgate next to the Chocolate Box newsagents. Still boarded up and joined by others on Chapel Street, Wighill Lane etc HS bought White Swan pub on Bridge Street and boarded it up. He bought Fircroft on Wighill Lane and the old Barnados home and just left them empty.......Why? Taddy could be thriving like Boston Spa and Wetherby but for some reason HS seems to want it to rot. You just get the impression he doesn't care but then some of the shops on Kirkgate and the swimming pool say different. I just don't understand him

Offline Chutney

• Member Karma = +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 9 - 2017 »
Sad to say itís not just Tadcaster that is looking run down everywhere I travel in the north has the same look, years of under investment and cut backs is starting to take its toll on the fabric and people in towns. As for the Northern S*** House I will believe that when Humphrey retires I get a full pint and the crisps have flavor (I put that in just for you Mr Taddy see the crisp thread). Itís enough to drive you to drink, is it five oíclock yet.