Author Topic: Whipping Stocks, Over Peover- Long time managers have sadly left.  (Read 174 times)  Share 

Offline jackrussel

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
I regret to inform that the long serving couple who ran the above establishment, have left, and AFAIK are leaving the trade.
They had been there over 16 years, and I do not know what brought this on. All I can say, is this is a great loss as far as I am concerned, and they provided an oasis of stability in a troubled Smithscape.
The pub is currently closed on Sundays and food service is suspended.  I hope that this changes soon, as it is my 'local' of choice despite being a half hour drive away.
It is also my 'go to' pub, and has been a reliable scene of many happy hours for us. I sincerely hope it finds its way out of what could be bad times ahead, the way things seem right now, as lots of pubs in general are struggling.
The new incumbents will have to do a superb job if things are to carry on as before. Also, what will happen to the various club or society meetings that were held? The BSA owners was on the point of getting a new member-me- when I found where my local meet was!

I wish my departed friends all the very best with whatever they decide to pursue, and if they do come back to the trade, I'd love to hear from them where they are, maybe go and have a look.
Take care, guys!! God Bless.   Dave and Julie.
SSOBT. My ultimate favourite brewer. Please look after me, you may need me someday.   Imperial-->:DKB <-- Stout!

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +26/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
I regret to inform that the long serving couple who ran the above establishment, have left, and AFAIK are leaving the trade.
They had been there over 16 years, and I do not know what brought this on. All I can say, is this is a great loss as far as I am concerned, and they provided an oasis of stability in a troubled Smithscape.
The pub is currently closed on Sundays and food service is suspended.  I hope that this changes soon, as it is my 'local' of choice despite being a half hour drive away.
It is also my 'go to' pub, and has been a reliable scene of many happy hours for us. I sincerely hope it finds its way out of what could be bad times ahead, the way things seem right now, as lots of pubs in general are struggling.
The new incumbents will have to do a superb job if things are to carry on as before. Also, what will happen to the various club or society meetings that were held? The BSA owners was on the point of getting a new member-me- when I found where my local meet was!

I wish my departed friends all the very best with whatever they decide to pursue, and if they do come back to the trade, I'd love to hear from them where they are, maybe go and have a look.
Take care, guys!! God Bless.   Dave and Julie.

Unfortunately this is happening all over the SS empire,and no replacements. Not many long term managers left now,and the ones that stay a few years,give up due to pressure from H about the takings. Looking at the vacancies lately there are still over 30. I know the pub at Killinghall must have been shut for about 6 months by now.Sad state of affairs
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB