scraping along
died

Author Topic: food takings april vs october 2008  (Read 13501 times)  Share 

Offline jboycott

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: food takings april vs october 2008
« Reply #15 on: Jul 9 - 2009 »
There aren't many food outlets where you can see the food being prepared, in fact you can't see the food you buy in the supermarket being "prepared". Apparently they enjoyed their meal and will come back for more if they want to.

Offline mark5046

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #16 on: Jul 22 - 2010 »
hi i used to eat on a reguler basis in the vine in dunham massey i moved away for a while and drove over 50 miles to be served frosen ping ding crap thanks to the new food mangers of sams smiths how do you think a pub in the middle of nowhere is going to hit targets whit rubbish food

Offline bubble

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #17 on: Jul 22 - 2010 »
stig,  don't think that is true of every SS pub,

Offline fishy

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Ex Sams Manager
« Reply #18 on: Sep 10 - 2012 »
the food offer is awful, truly epically awful, went from a ?8k weekly food offer to ?720 weekly, and H. R. W. wanted to know why? :()

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
« Reply #19 on: Sep 10 - 2012 »
the food offer is awful, truly epically awful, went from a ?8k weekly food offer to ?720 weekly, and H. R. W. wanted to know why? :()

I have seen a massive drop in food sales over the last few years and don't see any improvement until the menu is changed or the pubs go back to own home cooked meals. Yes Humphrey wants to know why the sales are down, easy answer you need proper food in the pubs. Then the drinks sales would also increase.

Have tried a few things and it's ok, but not fantastic.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline Johnbob

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
food takings april vs october 2008
« Reply #20 on: Sep 10 - 2012 »
Food is nice, I'm sick of saying it!!!

Offline BlackDog

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sep 10 - 2012 »
Never had any complaints with the White Lion or Star Inn in Rochdale (Norden) either! Good food, good service, nice people.

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sep 10 - 2012 »
Never had any complaints with the White Lion or Star Inn in Rochdale (Norden) either! Good food, good service, nice people.

When the food is cooked well and presented well then there seems to be no complaints. As different SS pubs do the food differently, eg amount of veg and the quality. Yes the service varies as well and lovely managers always help.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline lovemybeer

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Feb 24 - 2013 »
Pretty. Interesting topic for me I work a kitchen NOT a chef  but have a catering background and I do know if you have a nice meal you may tell 1 or 2 folk. You have a bad one you rant not rave and tell 10 folk. Think about this you hear or someone. Askings where to go for a meal first thing you will say is "well don't go so and so it's crap there. You build a reputation. On what you have done so if it's rubbish well. Only big changes lots and lots of time then you may earn a good reputation. And with that a good food turnover

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Feb 24 - 2013 »
Pretty. Interesting topic for me I work a kitchen NOT a chef  but have a catering background and I do know if you have a nice meal you may tell 1 or 2 folk. You have a bad one you rant not rave and tell 10 folk. Think about this you hear or someone. Askings where to go for a meal first thing you will say is "well don't go so and so it's crap there. You build a reputation. On what you have done so if it's rubbish well. Only big changes lots and lots of time then you may earn a good reputation. And with that a good food turnover

Couldn't agree more.  And with food hygiene ratings being freely available online it's a big incentive for decent places to clean their act up if needed.  I don't think it's unreasonable for every food outlet to have a minimum rating of 3 - adequate, with 4 and 5 being icing on the cake.  A popular restaurant near me had a rating of 1, which then actually dropped to 0. Word is getting round and funnily enough, it's nowhere near as busy now.

Offline Saddamsmith

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Ex Sams Staff
« Reply #25 on: Feb 24 - 2013 »
very true these ratings are fantastic bit of information and people should care where they are eating and it without doubt should be clean.

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Feb 28 - 2013 »
The ratings are a good thing and should indicate that the pub/restaurant is good or not. I do use trip advisor as well, but you get varied reviews on there.