Author Topic: The Six Bells - Location: Strensall  (Read 19216 times)  Share 

Offline canaldrifter

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: The Six Bells - Location: Strensall
« Reply #15 on: Sep 30 - 2014 »
I go in the Tiger regularly, I either have an hours' walk or get the bus up to Haxby. I go in the front room, and I've NEVER known any junkies in the place. Maybe they go in the back room?

I use The Tiger on a daily basis. I'm usually in the back bar. I have never seen drugs use anywhere near the place either*, and I would suggest that such malicious comments can be really damaging. There are always some that will believe anything that they read.

Both The Tiger and The Six Bells are flourishing under present management. Long may it continue, if Humphrey lets it.

If samsdrinker wants to stay out of both pubs, then that is his choice, but don't besmirch their reputations with unfounded comments.

*Except for alcohol and nicotine of course!

Tone

Offline samsdrinker

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sep 30 - 2014 »
Might give the bells a go and see what its like, can pick the no5/5a up near the flag anyway,  From whats been said on here about it could be well worth the trip

Offline samsdrinker

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Oct 1 - 2014 »
been in tiger yesterday , had argument with druggies mum , wont be back, she only stays in while folks buy her drinks , total alco , and yes in the lounge, will try bells and give feedback

Offline Max

• Administrator
  • Member Karma = +26/-0
    • View Profile
    • SamSmiths
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #18 on: Oct 1 - 2014 »
been in tiger yesterday , had argument with druggies mum , wont be back, she only stays in while folks buy her drinks , total alco , and yes in the lounge, will try bells and give feedback

This post has been reported as..

"I think this is deliberate sabotage of a pub's reputation. No-one else remembers this incident happening in the Tiger lounge" - by a member of these forums.

However, with the lack of any evidence - I trust - as with all forums posts - that other members, and forum readers, understand that this is an opinion / viewpoint (true or otherwise) by the person making the post.

I will also ask, that any members making such allegations, try were possible to substantiate any claim or observation - or at least provide more detail (date, time, witnesses etc.) so that readers can make up their own minds as to the authenticity of such observations.
Always in support of the Samuel Smiths Brewery - although very concerned about the current company strategy towards its staff and customers, as exercised by the Directors. We believe in promoting common sense, decency, compassion, fairness and compliance with company, employment and English law.

Offline Owen

• Member Karma = +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Oct 1 - 2014 »
I got into the lounge about half 6 last night, and left at 10. If the alleged incident took place in the lounge, it must have happened before then (and I believe the landlord and land lady were working until 7), since nothing happened when I was there, and I don't re-collect anyone being the worse for wear when I left.

If allegations are going to be made, make sure they are true. CCtv is a wonderful thing these days.

Offline canaldrifter

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Oct 2 - 2014 »
I got into the lounge about half 6 last night, and left at 10. If the alleged incident took place in the lounge, it must have happened before then (and I believe the landlord and land lady were working until 7), since nothing happened when I was there, and I don't re-collect anyone being the worse for wear when I left.

If allegations are going to be made, make sure they are true. CCtv is a wonderful thing these days.

My point exactly. And I will hold my hand up and state that it was me that made the complaint against samsdrinker's post.

Such malicious gossip ( and that is all it is) can cause a lot of harm. I'll give you an example.

I often camp at a pub in Hampshire with a very active and numerous camping club. One member, who had a grudge of some kind, reported that the landlord had assaulted one of his kids. It was completely untrue, and proven to be so, but that club has never camped there since.

Malicious untrue posts do do damage to reputations.

Samsdrinker, we move in the same circles. i know who you are. You are not anonymous to me. Next time we meet we will have this discussion face to face, and see what your problem really is.

Maybe I can help?

Tone

Offline samsdrinker

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Oct 2 - 2014 »
fine with me Tone , btw the incident took place early afternoon in the lounge .   On another note going to try out six bells , does anyone know if alpine available there?

Offline Tadcaster resident

• Member Karma = +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Oct 2 - 2014 »

I presume that this has been reported to the police and licensing authority. I'm sure they would be interested in drugs etc and drunks being served. I go in this pub and have never seen any evidence of anti social behavior

Offline canaldrifter

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Oct 2 - 2014 »

I presume that this has been reported to the police and licensing authority. I'm sure they would be interested in drugs etc and drunks being served. I go in this pub and have never seen any evidence of anti social behavior

Nor me. Ever. And at the time stated the managers were there, and nothing gets past them!

As samsdrinker appears to be behaving like a troll again, he is now back on my 'ignore' list until I meet him and ask him to explain his posts.

Tone

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +33/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Oct 3 - 2014 »
I'm sorry but I thought this thread was about six bells and not what is allegedly going on in tiger,and please any replies start a new topic don't put it on this thread,not relevant.
« Last Edit: Oct 3 - 2014 by bitterboy »

Offline canaldrifter

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Oct 3 - 2014 »
It'll be back on topic if SD starts slagging off the Six Bells too.

Tone

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +33/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Oct 3 - 2014 »
I give up
« Last Edit: Oct 3 - 2014 by bitterboy »

Offline canaldrifter

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Oct 3 - 2014 »
I give up

Why are you so bothered about a bit of thread wobble?

It happens all the while on every forum.

Nobody is forcing you to read posts that don't interest you.

Tone

Offline samsdrinker

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Oct 4 - 2014 »
Was in bells today and was fantastic , i never had anything to eat but was tempted. will deffo be going back

Offline samsdrinker

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Oct 4 - 2014 »
well ok yesterday (friday) days get mixed up as i work nights